The Metaphysics of Sacrifice - Mikhaila, Jordan and Russell Brand

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: The Metaphysics of Sacrifice - Mikhaila, Jordan and Russell Brand

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:03 pm Also I will like, agree, etc. with whatever you post and you can do the same for mine, so it looks like some other people are interested in hearing answers to our questions :)

Ok, looks like a plan. I'll get around to it soon.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Done ... Since I'm a bit pressed for time this evening, and you've already given a DJM quote, I just went with suggesting a chat with Bernardo, as follows ...

Hi Jordan ... Good to see you back and able to engage in some deep conversations again. Speaking of which, just wondering if you're familiar with the work of Bernardo Kastrup, and the Essentia Foundation, and their combined efforts to offer a counter-materialist worldview in the form of a contemporary, scientifically compatible version of western idealism. I feel that given you've both been profoundly inspired and influenced by Jung, albeit from different backgrounds, with his most recent book being Decoding Jung's Metaphysics, there could be the making of a very insightful podcast dialogue, as I'm sure he would be very interested if he were to be invited.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:47 pm Done ... Since I'm a bit pressed for time this evening, and you've already given a DJM quote, I just went with suggesting a chat with Bernardo, as follows ...

Hi Jordan ... Good to see you back and able to engage in some deep conversations again. Speaking of which, just wondering if you're familiar with the work of Bernardo Kastrup, and the Essentia Foundation, and their combined efforts to offer a counter-materialist worldview in the form of a contemporary, scientifically compatible version of western idealism. I feel that given you've both been profoundly inspired and influenced by Jung, albeit from different backgrounds, with his most recent book being Decoding Jung's Metaphysics, there could be the making of a very insightful podcast dialogue, as I'm sure he would be very interested if he were to be invited.
Nice. Can you link me your comment so I can like, agree etc.? Here is mine - https://www.thinkspot.com/feed/single_p ... &scid=null
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 pmNice. Can you link me your comment so I can like, agree etc.? Here is mine - https://www.thinkspot.com/feed/single_p ... &scid=null
Seems that link doesn't go anywhere specific, and I don't know how to even find my own comment, as a search of my profile username (Yourcentaur) shows no recent posts. And with over 1100 comments it is now long buried.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:36 pm
AshvinP wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 pmNice. Can you link me your comment so I can like, agree etc.? Here is mine - https://www.thinkspot.com/feed/single_p ... &scid=null
Seems that link doesn't go anywhere specific, and I don't know how to even find my own comment, as a search of my profile username (Yourcentaur) shows no recent posts. And with over 1100 comments it is now long buried.
I think you have to go to "activity" on your profile to see your post. But yeah it takes a long time to load and may not load at all with all those comments. Here is my proper link - https://www.thinkspot.com/discourse/w3u ... &scid=null
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

OK, your link did finally load, and I gave it a like, but it all just freezes up when I try to navigate to my comment, so something is glitchy with that site. If I can get my comment to load, I'll send a link.