Levels of consciousness

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
abeuchot

Levels of consciousness

Post by abeuchot »

I am finishing your MEANING IN ABSURDITY. Figure 2 on page 92 does not have space for the supra-consciuous (the realm of divinity, if I may say so). What if we had, as well as the formless potential, the collective unconscious, the personal uncoscious, the ego consciousness, three extra realms above the latter: the personal supraconscious, the collective supraconscious and lastly, the formative causation. At both extremes, touching each other as the ouroboros, the formative causation and the formless potential would join, being the formative the FATHER, the formless the HOLY SPIRIT and the in between the SON. All the spectrum would be the SELF, and the process of individuation would be the deep understanding of all.

Just speculating. Peace always,

Dr. Alberto Beuchot
AshvinP

Re: Levels of consciousness

Post by AshvinP »

abeuchot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:36 pm I am finishing your MEANING IN ABSURDITY. Figure 2 on page 92 does not have space for the supra-consciuous (the realm of divinity, if I may say so). What if we had, as well as the formless potential, the collective unconscious, the personal uncoscious, the ego consciousness, three extra realms above the latter: the personal supraconscious, the collective supraconscious and lastly, the formative causation. At both extremes, touching each other as the ouroboros, the formative causation and the formless potential would join, being the formative the FATHER, the formless the HOLY SPIRIT and the in between the SON. All the spectrum would be the SELF, and the process of individuation would be the deep understanding of all.

Dr. Alberto Beuchot
Welcome, Doctor! It's good to have another mumorphic Jungian spiritual scientist on the team :)
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

abeuchot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:36 pm I am finishing your MEANING IN ABSURDITY. Figure 2 on page 92 does not have space for the supra-consciuous (the realm of divinity, if I may say so). What if we had, as well as the formless potential, the collective unconscious, the personal uncoscious, the ego consciousness, three extra realms above the latter: the personal supraconscious, the collective supraconscious and lastly, the formative causation. At both extremes, touching each other as the ouroboros, the formative causation and the formless potential would join, being the formative the FATHER, the formless the HOLY SPIRIT and the in between the SON. All the spectrum would be the SELF, and the process of individuation would be the deep understanding of all.

Dr. Alberto Beuchot
Would we have all this Glory without a Mother? Where do you place Her?
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

That's pretty much what Spiritual Science discovers. Although I would arrange them a little differently. I would say that these unconscious realms are also 'above'. It's only that they are elucidated by the corresponding levels of higher consciousness. What is 'below' can be said to be the three elemental realms which are reflections in multiplicity of the three above. Our clothing in the 'substance' of these lower realms we experience as the three realms of perception, life and desire.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

abeuchot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:36 pm At both extremes, touching each other as the ouroboros, the formative causation and the formless potential would join, being the formative the FATHER, the formless the HOLY SPIRIT and the in between the SON. All the spectrum would be the SELF, and the process of individuation would be the deep understanding of all.

Dr. Alberto Beuchot
"the formative causation and the formless potential would join" is a good description of the process of creative unfolding of reality in consciousness. This is where we can stop and just see it as it is. The rest, IMO, is an extra layer of ideas needed only if you are a Christian and are trying to make sense of the Christian archetypes and relate them to realities in some way. (But please don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong to be a Christian).
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Dr. Alberto Beuchot
"Collective personal ego"

Can you see the formless potential, the empty spaces between words? The i-dentity element of strings of symbols, ie. the i-maginary number.

Self:
<>
Self with identity element:
< >
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:08 pm
"Collective personal ego"

Can you see the formless potential, the empty spaces between words? The i-dentity element of strings of symbols, ie. the i-maginary number.

Self:
<>
Self with identity element:
< >
"Collective personal ego" equivalent to "species"?

Does anyone think Homo sapiens is a long term status?
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:39 pm Does anyone think Homo sapiens is a long term status?
Wrong question. Also temporally our duration is an open interval <>, to which global undecidability of Halting problem is applied when consistency is assumed. And in the Relop approach to computation, reading/writing is fundamentally distributed, as no single reading head can read a palindrome as a whole.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Eugene I wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:13 pm
abeuchot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:36 pm At both extremes, touching each other as the ouroboros, the formative causation and the formless potential would join, being the formative the FATHER, the formless the HOLY SPIRIT and the in between the SON. All the spectrum would be the SELF, and the process of individuation would be the deep understanding of all.

Dr. Alberto Beuchot
"the formative causation and the formless potential would join" is a good description of the process of creative unfolding of reality in consciousness. This is where we can stop and just see it as it is. The rest, IMO, is an extra layer of ideas needed only if you are a Christian and are trying to make sense of the Christian archetypes and relate them to realities in some way. (But please don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong to be a Christian).
Eugene, here's a speculation that intrigues me. It's intuitive and it does not seek to accurately account for the Buddhist or Christian views. It is definitely unconventional. Buddhism holds with reincarnation and Christianity says 'one shot only' but what if, as with all life, the species (with all its unique fingerprints) is the more fundamental alter? What if reincarnation (incremental evolution) occurs within a species state and one-shot-only (punctuated evolution) occurs as the species becomes extinct? Somehow, I grok an intriguing drift. What do you think of it?
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm What if reincarnation (incremental evolution) occurs within a species state and one-shot-only (punctuated evolution) occurs as the species becomes extinct? Somehow, I grok an intriguing drift. What do you think of it?
I duno... may be :)
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy