Jordan Peterson's Ideology ~ Philosophy Tube

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Jordan Peterson's Ideology ~ Philosophy Tube

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Agree with it or not, be ye amused or pissed-off by it, I found this arsonisticly entertaining ...

Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Re: Jordan Peterson's Ideology ~ Philosophy Tube

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm Agree with it or not, be ye amused or pissed-off by it, I found this arsonisticly entertaining ...
Is it bad when she got to Husserl's words I actually got super excited? :ugeek: Then she had to go and ruin it with a joke!
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Ashvin ... I take it then that your chuckle chakra was not activated ? :lol: As an attempt to make some serious philosophical points in a not-too-serious way, it appealed to my admittedly Monty Pythonesque sense of humour ... but of course, one man's humour may be to another like fingernails scratching a blackboard. I'm curious what JP might make of it, if I can find a way to bring it to his attention, given that it was a generally positive review his new book. Anyway, I really have to go haul this body around the local conservation area for some exercise, while I await anymore feedback, fun-wise or not.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:21 pm Ashvin ... I take it then that your chuckle chakra was not activated ? :lol: As an attempt to make some serious philosophical points in a not-too-serious way, it appealed to my admittedly Monty Pythonesque sense of humour ... but of course, one man's humour may be to another like fingernails scratching a blackboard. I'm curious what JP might make of it, if I can find a way to bring it to his attention, given that it was a generally positive review his new book. Anyway, I really have to go haul this body around the local conservation area for some exercise, while I await anymore feedback, fun-wise or not.
No I found it funny too. I was just pointing out how much of a philosophical nerd I have become. I actually posted it on my Twitter and tagged JP and Philosophy Tube, but I doubt either of them will see it.

Yesterday about 150 people liked my comment within an hour or two because I marginally defended JP on a thread. If only that also applied to the metaphysical comments I actually put some effort into constructing... go figure.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Martin_

Post by Martin_ »

If a tree falls in the forest and no-one is around to hear it; what are it's pronouns?
priceless.
"I don't understand." /Unknown
Ed Konderla

Post by Ed Konderla »

We have too much time on our hands when those are the important issues of the day.