Rupert Spira on perception and dimensions

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Starbuck

Rupert Spira on perception and dimensions

Post by Starbuck »

Something clicked very strongly for me when I heard this new clip of Rupert discussing perceptions and dimensions.
Even if idealism is bullshit, even just temporarily and voluntarily entertaining that view brings great joy and wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKccjnvgkU
Eugene I

Re: Rupert Spira on perception and dimensions

Post by Eugene I »

Yes, Rupert is amazing, my favorite among the modern teachers, 5 stars!
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Eugene I wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:58 pm Yes, Rupert is amazing, my favorite among the modern teachers, 5 stars!
Mine too, are there any other non duality teachers you particularly like?
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

"What we see as the universe is a reification and objectification of the limitations of our own mind".

It is therefore both entirely subjective and yet mediated by something 'out there'. Thousands of years of philosophical speculation resolved in one sentence.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Starbuck wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:06 am Mine too, are there any other non duality teachers you particularly like?
Yes, Adyashanti
Adyashanti - What Is Enlightenment?
Adyashanti - The Experience of No Self
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Bernardo and Rupert have met and conversed in person, once over some beers in Amsterdam, and have read each other's ideas in book-form, and that is clearly evident in their respective renditions in positing that what we perceive as objectified 'matter' is how the activity (excitations) of irreducible transpersonal Consciousness ~ which under idealism can only be mentation ~ is experienced whereby Consciousness dissociates into a subject><object, as well as inter-subjective dynamic, for the sake of this relational experience. In actuality, ideation and percept are inextricable, not-two, however much they've become rendered as the maya of intrinsic vs extrinsic, now so deeply reinforced by materialism.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Eugene I wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:55 am
Starbuck wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:06 am Mine too, are there any other non duality teachers you particularly like?
Yes, Adyashanti
Adyashanti - What Is Enlightenment?
Adyashanti - The Experience of No Self
He's great, I saw him in London a couple of years back. He was standing outside the venue smiling at people just before the event, no limo through the rock star entrance etc. He doesn't talk much metaphysics, just huge integrity and humility.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:53 pm Bernardo and Rupert have met and conversed in person, once over some beers in Amsterdam, and have read each other's ideas in book-form, and that is clearly evident in their respective renditions in positing that what we perceive as objectified 'matter' is how the activity (excitations) of irreducible transpersonal Consciousness ~ which under idealism can only be mentation ~ is experienced whereby Consciousness dissociates into a subject><object, as well as inter-subjective dynamic, for the sake of this relational experience. In actuality, ideation and percept are inextricable, not-two, however much they've become rendered as the maya of intrinsic vs extrinsic, now so deeply reinforced by materialism.
Well put. It all clicked for me when I stopped thinking of it as a matrix like code 'out there' that is then translated it into an analogous experience 'in here'. It's all mind.