Different dimensions

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
ginrup1

Different dimensions

Post by ginrup1 »

I’ve watched several interviews with Dr. Kastrup, and he clearly states that consciousness survives after death. And that matter is like our consciousness expressing itself, if I said that correctly. Is it possible to express it in a way in another dimension, like when we die? I have heard of actual structures and landscapes in these other dimensions.
Simon Adams

Re: Different dimensions

Post by Simon Adams »

It does seem like both space and time are emergent. Also there are good reasons in physics to think that there are extra dimensions to these 4 dimensions. Ever since Oskar Klein, most scientists have imagined these extra dimensions as being “rolled up” at each point in space. To me this is a ridiculous way of thinking about them - presumably an artefact of the whole cartesian mindset.

If instead we think of time and space as emerging from a more fundamental substrate, then things fit together in a far more sensible way. And yes, I would not be at all surprised if it’s our bodies that ‘hold’ us in space, and that death is a kind of change to the way we connect with the wider structure of creation.

Very speculative of course, but while physicists are stuck in their crazy Kuzla-Klein assumptions, all we can really do is speculate.
Ideas are certain original forms of things, their archetypes, permanent and incommunicable, which are contained in the Divine intelligence. And though they neither begin to be nor cease, yet upon them are patterned the manifold things of the world that come into being and pass away.
St Augustine