How to explain synchronicity?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
ParadoxZone

Re: How to explain synchronicity?

Post by ParadoxZone »

Beautifully harrowing, Santeri. I didn't turn down Helsinki girl. We didn't, by mutual consent. We talked, danced, laughed, drank a little. That was enough. The laughing, some craic, seemed to be enough. Much respect all round. No dismissiveness, if that's what I conveyed. I was Irish, that's all. A girl could not safely have behaved that way in Cork or Dublin. Some subtlety would have been the norm. Even saying the same thing in French. Some degree of plausible deniability, both knowing what was happening. I felt honoured at her directness, also conscious of my newly married situation.

Early lessons that liberation is for all, not just those liberated. In the Gaeltacht, the ladies' choice dances. Blessed relief. Dance or not dance, who cares. And even at the discos, even when slow sets were a thing. Clarifying.

And the trip to St Petersburg, on the boat. No judgement then, just a slight freaking out. The partner sharing, the direct eye contact with a nod. Too much for me, then. And throw in deep catholic guilt. There were tales of such things at home, in the big houses, with priests and cops involved. Much better in the open. Morality though, like taxes, being for the little people. Or so I thought then. Never knew about the children. Never knew what was happening in the little houses too. Never knew about the politicians, the priests, the partners, participating, facilitating. Never heard of mother and babies homes until relatively recently. Not even rumours. Yet it all had to have been an open secret. Never heard about the involvement of british aristocracy and security services. Little boys is/was their thing. Prince Andrew is just a window. That poor british baby girl in Portugal. Another window. And on they go, playing their control games. With their sleeper agents, previously compromised, being gay not being enough these days, have to go for the children.

Good mini-series on Sky over here. Ghislaine Maxwell, another window.

Back to synchronicity. Your dad worked for the Statistics Office, lost his job for crazy, had a punishing conscience. Not overwhelming to me at all, now.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

ParadoxZone wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:02 amBack to synchronicity.
Yes, let's do ... for this is a tad too much gerrymandering, so to speak, of the outer boundaries of this forum—in place to keep it primarily focused on metaphysics, by which I don't mean tales of illuminati pedophiles in high places plotting to make life difficult and tragic for us poor earthlings.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
ParadoxZone

Post by ParadoxZone »

OK. Point taken. I knew I had meandered too much.

Yet, illumanati, plotting, poor earthlings, none of these things were in my mind.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

ParadoxZone wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:24 pmYet, illumanati, plotting, poor earthlings, none of these things were in my mind.
Apologies, poetic licence on my part, only to emphasize the point. Alas, being such an abused child that you plaintively allude to, I know very well the abuser was no monster, but yet another lost soul on the journey. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the real-life stories, but I'm still tasked with the challenge of maintaining this forum's primary intent and focus, while allowing that some bridges also need to be maintained, which if we're going to cross, need to be crossed with that context in mind.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
ParadoxZone

Post by ParadoxZone »

Dana, no apology needed. Thanks for the indulgence of letting me rabbit on for a bit. Some of that was a result of being asked a question and then needing to give context, trying to drive home the power of the synchronicities, and making a hash of it. So, my apologies for that.

Yes, I have read your previous posts referring to the abuse, and the courageous shadow work in which you are engaged. It is the ubiquity of that abuse that was on my mind. I gave an example of the teenage girl. There were many others. The man, who had been abused in the very sports club I had laboured, with sweat, to help build. The girl, with DID. Others too, young and not so young.

So good luck to you on your journey, your attempt to love them all. And with your role moderating this forum. And gratitude for that, too.