Do you think MAL feels?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Hedge90

Do you think MAL feels?

Post by Hedge90 »

Now, obviously, it does in the sense that we are its alters. But we have a neural system that we use to perceive sensory information, and these information manifest as feelings. Do you think MAL has feelings at its own level of consciousness? Or it doesn't, since there is nothing to "cause" those feelings?
AshvinP

Re: Do you think MAL feels?

Post by AshvinP »

Hedge90 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:58 pm Now, obviously, it does in the sense that we are its alters. But we have a neural system that we use to perceive sensory information, and these information manifest as feelings. Do you think MAL has feelings at its own level of consciousness? Or it doesn't, since there is nothing to "cause" those feelings?
Hedge,

Consider this - if I were to respond to your question and say, "yes MAL has feelings because human neural network is a microcosmic image of its macrocosmic essence", or something like that, how would that enrich your understanding? Would you actually gain anything from that answer? I suspect you would then be asking many more questions to clarify what all of those terms mean and how they relate to each other. Perhaps, then, it's better to start with this question - "what must I do to start on the path where I can eventually answer the question of whether 'MAL has feelings' myself?" We have already discussed my answer to that question in terms of reading Steiner and Barfield. Or, you could try my essays on Metamorphoses of the Spirit, posted on this forum, which tried to summarize many of their main phenomenological points, hopefully in a somewhat clear and cogent way. Regardless of which first step you take in that direction, those steps must be taken. There is no satisfying way to circumvent them and answer all the riddles of the Cosmos.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
tjssailor

Post by tjssailor »

The alter feels so M@L feels.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

tjssailor wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:36 pm The alter feels so M@L feels.
Is the feel located only in the alter, or is alter also felt by M@L?
tjssailor

Post by tjssailor »

M@L is the alter.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

tjssailor wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 pm M@L is the alter.
!
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 pm
tjssailor wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 pm M@L is the alter.
!
!
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

W! ... T!! ... F!!! (pun intended) ... makes us mini-M@Lters?
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.