Boundary therapy

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Toto Gale

Boundary therapy

Post by Toto Gale »

When I retired in 2017, I decided to spend six months per year (the winter) traveling to warm places. I have spent a lot of time in SE Asia, especially Cambodia. My wife is a professional a decade younger than me. She is very different than me. For example, she may have 4 drinks a year, whereas I drink 4 drinks per day, etc. So while I traveling, I try to have acid about every 3 days (avoids tolerance) and sometimes once per week as well as other things.

With that background, I would like to share my thoughts on the Boundry.

1. Traveling is great for reducing Boundry, especially with acid. To abandon one’s culture and adopt another has a powerful effect on Boundary. For example a Thai massage in a strange land on acid reveals the doppelgänger force moving in the body. The ex-pat experience is great for growing through strange people. Etc.

2. It is obvious to me and those that know me that I have long had “boundary issues.” I often see other people as myself. In specific example, when I gave palliative care to hospice patients, my compassion experience made it difficult to not see them as me. Most of the time, that worked well, but in a few family members, with strong boundaries, there were some minor complaints about my initiative to my supervisor. In other words, whatever beliefs they had, I accepted. If they had religious beliefs, I identified. If they had unmet needs, such as hooking them up with a faith leader, I would do that (sometimes their faith leaders would not visit them at their home, when they were bedridden). Buddhist, Shinto, Hindu, Jain, Baptist, Evangelical, Mormons, Jews, Muslims, etc. Facing certain death, they sometimes came to new beliefs and experiences that their family had trouble facing. But I listened and listened and their experience became part of my experience. (It is amazing how clear-sighted some people facing certain death can be; especially when they are seeing beyond the veil.). Etc.

3. My “boundary issue” was intensified by my Guru, who used his power to lift all my personal identities (so that what remained was what I truly am).

4. Ego always persists. I’m still best friend with my human ego. But he is kind of a rascal and embarrasses me sometimes. But he gets the shit done in the storm of time. Like typing this.

Since I am new here and walking old threads, I am wondering if anyone else is in this boat? Is your Boundary evolving? If so, what are your insights and experiences? Are you sometimes meta-conscious of psychic experiences, such as clairvoyance? Etc.
Lysander

Re: Boundary therapy

Post by Lysander »

'My' "boundary" is this heart-of-hearts unfolding of curiosity, interest and urge to realize certain dreams that are like demands pressing upon me. This whirlpool of passions is basically how I differentiate my character and personality, my individuated being in the world. While ontologically I know this temporal whirpool of passions is a finite, inessential existence. And this understanding means that fact doesn't bother me (or Me) at all. I'm not tormented by the idea of death, or separateness, or overcoming the ego or anything like that. As for psychic experiences, I don't have experience of that - but I deeply enjoy dreams, always astonishing how they're the same realness as waking reality. Going to sleep to dream is often the most sacred part of my day, along with waking and other more everyday silent moments. My "boundary" does evolve because my approach towards 'what I think is best for others' vs. 'what others think is best for them' is always evolving. In some moods, I don't want to interfere in any one else's destiny, freedom and growth. At other times, I want to contribute and participate in the reality of others. And at all times, I reflect on how I am deciding to think of what benefits the Whole. And this means confronting all of my own failings which inhibit the full potentiality of my faculties, such as intuition, empathy or loving-kindness.