Jordan Peterson's conversation with Jonathan Pageau

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Hedge90

Jordan Peterson's conversation with Jonathan Pageau

Post by Hedge90 »

Link:

I found this to be a very interesting conversation. Peterson seems to be struggling with the conclusions stemming from the various realisations he has reached. He's starting to arrive to a kind of mystical idealism, and you can see how he's basically going through the Dark Night of the Soul. I'm honestly interested in whether he will have the courage and integrity to come out as an idealist. Regardless of what you may think of his political views, he's basically the only high-profile intellectual who represents a non-woo-woo, intellectually well-founded and thought-through worldview.
I'd also really like to see a conversation between him and BK.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Jordan Peterson's conversation with Jonathan Pageau

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

For the record, Ashvin also posted that interview when it first appeared, prompting several pages of discussion around it, so not sure if there's much more discussion to be had. Also, some here have been banging the drum for a JP/BK discussion for quite a while now, dropping hints with both parties on their various media outlets, even trying to get Vervaeke, Pageau and Jaimungal involved in facilitating that meeting of minds, so far to no avail.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Hedge90

Post by Hedge90 »

Ah, sorry, I wasn't aware. I wasn't around back then yet.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Hedge90 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:03 pm Ah, sorry, I wasn't aware. I wasn't around back then yet.
No worries, as I hardly expect that recent participants are going to be digging very deep into the back pages of this forum. Just thought you may be interested in previous commentary on the interview, notwithstanding there may be others who feel inspired to add to it.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.