The hierarchical structure of the universal mind

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Ben Iscatus

Re: The hierarchical structure of the universal mind

Post by Ben Iscatus »

If a cog then an aware one that plays its integral role in ideation's metamorphic process, so 'cog'nize accordingly ;)
If cogs cognize, do their woes metamorphose?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:11 pmIf cogs cognize, do their woes metamorphose?
Cognizing woefully may not help ;) But however painfully gradual and incremental the metamorphic phase transition may be, the notion that it can ultimately be prevented need not be a worry. Mind you, I'm not convinced of the notion that it can be hastened on its way either.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Mind you, I'm not convinced of the notion that it can be hastened on its way either.
Nor me, Dana. Ecclesiastes comes to mind:

To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to count as lost, a time to keep and a time to discard,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden that God has laid upon the sons of men to occupy them. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom the work that God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and do good while they live, and also that every man should eat and drink and find satisfaction in all his labour—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it or taken from it.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:27 pm
Ben Iscatus wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:11 pmIf cogs cognize, do their woes metamorphose?
Cognizing woefully may not help ;) But however painfully gradual and incremental the metamorphic phase transition may be, the notion that it can ultimately be prevented need not be a worry. Mind you, I'm not convinced of the notion that it can be hastened on its way either.
We ourselves and our spiritual cognizing activity is not other than the metamorphic progression. That is how the metamorphoses take place. True, there is no point talking about slowing down or speeding up the overall process, only about quickening our own involvement in it.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"