I am sure most of you are watching but...

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Mark Tetzner

I am sure most of you are watching but...

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Here you go:
Hedge90

Re: I am sure most of you are watching but...

Post by Hedge90 »

I watched a few of this guy's (I mean Leo's) videos a few months back, but for some reason he just gave me the creeps. Is this interview worth watching?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Hedge90 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:40 am I watched a few of this guy's (I mean Leo's) videos a few months back, but for some reason he just gave me the creeps. Is this interview worth watching?
At almost 6 hours, I suspect some of it may be worth a listen, and some of it won't, depending on what one considers worthwhile listening to, and for how long one can slog through the what one considers not worthwhile listening to. May have to find your metaphysical hip-waders and machete.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Is this the guy with the self-improvement course for $249?

https://www.actualized.org/life-purpose-course

Given that he is God, I am struggling to see what would need improving. :)
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Just watched a bit so far, not sure how long it will last. I liked how CJ prefaces it all in the the 30 second segment between the 1 minute and 1:30 minute mark. In a nutshell LG is adamant that everyOne is Infinite Consciousness currently imagining that one is a finite consciousness other than and apart from infinite Consciousness, an imagining that is inevitable since no imagining is precluded, and once imagined then one must deal with the challenge of unimagining this imagining that one is other than and apart from Infinite Consciousness. If one is not buying that, which underpins everything that follows, then according to LG as long as that limited imagining persists, it's all going to seem like ego-maniacal BS ... Let the imagined arguing begin.
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

In the description there is a table of contents that you can click on if you would just like to listen to a few segments.
There is one on BK, one on Sam Harris etc.
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

In the description there is again a menue where you can skip ahead, BK also gets a brief mention
Hedge90

Post by Hedge90 »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:01 pm Just watched a bit so far, not sure how long it will last. I liked how CJ prefaces it all in the the 30 second segment between the 1 minute and 1:30 minute mark. In a nutshell LG is adamant the everyOne is Infinite Consciousness currently imagining that one is a finite consciousness other than and apart from infinite Consciousness, an imagining that is inevitable since no imagining is precluded, and once imagined then one must deal with the challenge of unimagining this imagining that one is other than and apart from Infinite Consciousness. If one is not buying that, which underpins everything that follows, then according to LG as long as that limited imagining persists, it's all going to seem like ego-maniacal BS ... Let the arguing begin.
Yeah, that was my take based on the videos I've seen from him too. He uses suggestive language and psychology but not much reasoning or logical argumentation. He's always saying stuff like "you'd have to have had studied XY for 10 years like I did to understand this", or "deep down you know this is true". He also thinks psychedelic experiences are "actually happening", as in, they are not just meaningful experiences, but actual real events. To me he looks much more like a cult leader than a philosopher.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Hedge90 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:01 pm To me he looks much more like a cult leader than a philosopher.
Well, apparently 'you' are Infinite Consciousness imagining it's a finite consciousness imagining that notion, and 'he' is Infinite Consciousness imagining otherwise, and 'I' am Infinite Consciousness imagining that Infinite Consciousness can't make up its Mind ;)
Hedge90

Post by Hedge90 »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:37 pm
Hedge90 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:01 pm To me he looks much more like a cult leader than a philosopher.
Well, apparently 'you' are Infinite Consciousness imagining it's a finite consciousness imagining that notion, and 'he' is Infinite Consciousness imagining otherwise, and 'I' am Infinite Consciousness imagining that Infinite Consciousness can't make up its Mind ;)
One of his videos is about that he took large doses of DMT for 30 days straight, to have "revelations". I don't know what constant exposure to psychedelics does to your brain, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had developed certain conditions.