Criticism

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Criticism

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

► Show Spoiler
JeffreyW wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:42 pm Well, yes. The same as yours: inability.
I'm rather more inclined to go with futility ... now at 41 pages, and might well go on for 41 more, and no-one here has changed their starting premise one iota. BK would be no exception. Indeed, one would probably be better served by listening to music ...

Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:24 pm
► Show Spoiler
JeffreyW wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:42 pm Well, yes. The same as yours: inability.
I'm rather more inclined to go with futility ... now at 41 pages, and might well go on for 41 more, and no-one here has changed their starting premise one iota. BK would be no exception. Indeed, one would probably be better served by listening to music ...

Yes. But can you post better music? Whats next, jingle-bells? :) :)
They are ruining it, those darn "young people" haha.
Steve Petermann

Post by Steve Petermann »

JeffreyW wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:41 pm Instead hold on tight and take the ride. You really have no choice anyway since you can’t really hide from reality. As Nietzsche knew, music was for playing and dancing, nor analyzing, The irrationality of quantum waves are for surfing, not praying to, sheltering from, or imagining to be different. It leads to a different sort of knowledge, but the one that teaches us who we are and our place in the universe,.
This sounds like fatalism and nihilism. If not, please explain how I got this wrong. If there are reasonable alternatives why would anyone opt for that?
Last edited by Steve Petermann on Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Mark Tetzner wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:27 pmYes. But can you post better music? Whats next, jingle-bells? :) :)
Clearly your world didn't change ;)
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:33 pm
Mark Tetzner wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:27 pmYes. But can you post better music? Whats next, jingle-bells? :) :)
Clearly your world didn't change ;)
They did a cute job. Just that it puts you to sleep a little I find, maybe not my fav beatles song, they have so many others
that really get me excited. Given futility let me post this.
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Eugene
Fine, nobody forces or expects you to accept the claim of universal consciousness. This is only a conjecture and belief that we can not undeniably prove in a scientific and philosophical way at our current human state, and everyone is free to accept such belief or not. That does not mean that some of us might have 1-st-person-perspective experiences providing us with personal experiential evidences to support our claim.
How do you have "1-st-person-perspective experiences" of universal consciousness?

If it is universal consciousness, isn't it by definition outside your consciousness? Otherwise, you are just asserting solipsism.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Mark Tetzner wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:36 pm Just that it puts you to sleep a little I find ...
You sure it wasn't from reading the thread? 🥱
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

The Swan of Tuonela done by Rattle and the Berlin Philharmonic?
Dave casarino

Post by Dave casarino »

So we have 'being' that can esthetically engross itself in tactile experiences which have more truth value than either scientific or analytical metaphysical speculations, and these tactile experiences teach us of the entangled nature of being or 'energy' which somehow despite being made of non experiential stuff seems to be tailored to 'reveal' it's nature in truth esthetically to the entangled recipient, of whom is a locus of experiential entanglement and not a separate subject experiencing objects over a divide DESPITE there being a threshold of ability to experience such truths of being that ends at the edges of the human brain (brain=consciousness in this), and the energy that is going into it's eyes and ears is non experiential other than when being processed by said brain, yet the experience of this energy reveals more truth about it than any scientific or analytical assumption? So qualia based realism it is then yes? Now we have a term for that, ah yes I believe it is called naive realism.... but we are not naive realists because this is all just quantum foam, BUT ALSO materialism is incorrect and qualia is BEING REVEALING ITSELF THROUGH EXPERIENCE, but 'being' isn't conscious at it's core, so what reveals itself to what exactly? Oh wait, so consciousness is the medium for something non conscious (being or energy) to 'know' itself, but if neither consciousness nor experience is fundamental to being then why is being accentuating itself through this medium, and how? Oh wait, you never said anything of the sort nor made any such claims apparently and no one understands what you are saying.... well then 8-)
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Very nice, Dave! But there will be something important wrong with it ;-)