Franklin Merrell-Wolff on Buddhism's Trikaya

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Franklin Merrell-Wolff on Buddhism's Trikaya

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Cleric K wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:35 pm
Eugene I wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:10 pm But I have a question for you. What do you think is the reason for us as primordial living ideas to incarnate in such cognitively reduced and seemingly separated form of human existence (with physical and ethereal bodies)? Or in simple words, why do we incarnate into humans?
We can only understand this if the question is placed in a proper context (full elaboration in the Goff vs Carroll thread)
Speaking of incarnations, no doubt our resident Cleric may be too busy explicating his own formulations to comment, but by way of comparison some may be interested in FMW's explication in the context of Buddhism's Trikaya, appropriately enough in 3 Parts (best listened to at 1.5 X playback speed, as the recording on the old reel-to-reel audio tapes feels as if spoken in slow motion) ...
Part I
Part II
Part III

Btw, there's a lot of other good FMW content on that same YT channel.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Re: Franklin Merrell-Wolff on Buddhism's Trikaya

Post by Lou Gold »

Eugene I wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:10 pm But I have a question for you. What do you think is the reason for us as primordial living ideas to incarnate in such cognitively reduced and seemingly separated form of human existence (with physical and ethereal bodies)? Or in simple words, why do we incarnate into humans?
A possible storyline is that God is too busy to work out all the details and therefore plants a compelling curiosity in us (like was done with the children in the garden) and an integral diversity among us. Our job is a way-finding trial-and-error.

OK, it's just a story :D .
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love