Idealism

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
stevenstjames@me.com

Idealism

Post by stevenstjames@me.com »

"As such, we may all be alters—dissociated personalities—of universal consciousness."

As I read the article, the above sentence in your paper, that was originally published in Scientific American on June 17, 2018 it immediately reminded me of a book I had read decades ago called, “Seth Speaks”. The Seth Material is a collection of writing dictated by Jane Roberts to her husband from late 1963 until her death in 1984. Roberts claimed the words were spoken by a discarnate entity named Seth. “Seth” eventually explains to her that he is actually a bigger part of herself or rather she is an aspect of a greater personality of which he is a larger part of. It was fascinating to read and on some level it made its own kind of sense of why he could know more things and see her and her life and yet she could not much comprehend his. Have you ever read the books? If so, am I understanding, in this context, your explanation of idealism?

I’m sure you’re quite busy but I would love to read your thoughts on the Seth books.

Thanks in advance,
Steven
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Idealism

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Steven ... Seems you're hoping Bernardo will address this directly, however that remains highly unlikely, as he is currently completely preoccupied with the Essentia Foundation, and so probably won't be checking in here anytime soon. As far as I know, he has not looked into the Seth material. Furthermore, he has rarely been inclined to offer opinions about such phenomena, even as he has spoken of a daimon that has had a significant influence in the expression of his ideas. So there would seem to be some avenue of inquiry into comparing such a daimon with some greater/oversoul, transcorporeal aspect of one's psyche that can channel itself through the corporeal aspect. Perchance others might be inclined to weigh in on this.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.