How can perceived objects lose definiteness in quantum terms if consciousness is 'ubiquitous/all'?

Here both posters and comments will be restricted to topic-specific discourse. Comments should directly address the original post and poster. Comments and/or links that are deemed to be too digressive or off-topic, may be deleted by a moderator.
CouldntCareMore

How can perceived objects lose definiteness in quantum terms if consciousness is 'ubiquitous/all'?

Post by CouldntCareMore »

I'm struggling with this question. BK argues quantum superpositions are collapsed by consciousness/ observation. But if everything just *is* consciousness why are there superpositions?? He may suggest it's metaconsciousness that does it but there are objects i realise i was seeing without realising i wad seeing them at the time. Would love to know his answer as trying to write on this.
Ben Iscatus

Re: How can perceived objects lose definiteness in quantum terms if consciousness is 'ubiquitous/all'?

Post by Ben Iscatus »

You may be forgetting what Consciousness does - feels, dreams, thinks, wills. The superpositions would be of all possible ideas or feelings that might be dreamed of. When they appear to us as objects, they are representations of those ideas or feelings via our dashboard of perception (phenomenal). But we do not see them in the full glory of what they intrinsically are (noumenal).