Number of posts per day limits - a suggestion

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Number of posts per day limits - a suggestion

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:20 pm ... probably just requoting what I have already said here.
Ya think?! Is that our fate until Thinking breaks free of the crucible of the chrysalis? Oh to be able to wave a magic wand, such that we'd all be functioning in integral, aperspectival mode, and be spared this messy business of the larval meltdown ;)
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Cleric K wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:42 pm Even though you don't believe it's possible to expand consciousness into the deeper layers of reality while the program is still running, at least don't twist our words as if we try to force everyone to run under one OS, one color theme, etc., etc. I hope my analogy could show at least that - it's precisely the opposite - everything that we say, including PoF which you have obviously not read if you think that it tries to force everyone to arrange their icons in the same way, speaks for the sole purpose to raise the Spirit towards the inner realities that are free of the rigid environment as defined by the OS. Every exercise I've mentioned, every idea, every drawing, has only one purpose - to help the thinking locked into the sequential intellectual processing to find within itself the free Spirit and follow it as it gains consciousness of all the software and hardware layers of reality. If this sounds supremacists, claiming superiority, totalitarian, then please show me some other path of experience (not system of beliefs) that can really lead the individual into the internals of reality. I'm open to consider any! Of all that I have tested none comes even close. Yes, psychedelics render a nice screensaver but in themselves don't lead to the internals. Eastern methods manage to execute the sleep() system call and suppress all execution for a while but as you yourself said, no one has ever been able yet to find the source of the assembler instructions that are being fed in the execution pipeline. If you call tyranny the path that actually shows fully practical and verifiable methods for leaving user-space and entering kernel-space and beyond, I simply find this devoid of any logic whatsoever.
Cleric, it's possible to expand consciousness into the deeper layers of reality while the program is still running, and many people have tried to do that in many traditions and also beyond traditions: Buddhists, Judaists, Christian mystics, modern visionaries and consciousness practical researchers (Merrell-Wolf, Monroe, many other psychics and clairvoyants, patients of regression therapists like Michael Newton and so on). But so far the results are inconclusive: all those investigations showed different results. I tried to explain to you that what you and those people experienced might be a result of a mix of their own subconscious manifestations with some facets of the universal truths (but I admit that this is only a hypothetical explanation). So, what makes you believe that your investigation reveals to you the actual/true structures of the deeper levels of reality, and other people investigations gave them a distorted perception of those structures?
Last edited by Eugene I on Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Eugene I wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:03 pm Cleric, it's possible to expand consciousness into the deeper layers of reality while the program is still running...
Has Cleric even commented in this thread? Is he even following it? Or was this meant for another thread?
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:07 pm
Eugene I wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:03 pm Cleric, it's possible to expand consciousness into the deeper layers of reality while the program is still running...
Has Cleric even commented in this thread? Is he even following it? Or was this meant for another thread?
Yes, I'm responding to this post . Sorry, I'm not very disciplined
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Eugene I wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:11 pm
Yes, I'm responding to this post . Sorry, I'm not very disciplined
Ok, you can just copy and paste it over where it all began, and then I can delete it from here, since this thread is surely already confusing enough.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Real time example of fragmentating confusion in action - wouldn't it be great if this happened everywhere on the forum, in every thread, all the time, without end?? ;)
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:16 pmReal time example of fragmentating confusion in action - wouldn't it be great if this happened everywhere on the forum, in every thread, all the time, without end??
Then I really would be quitting the mod job ... when trying to post in several ongoing threads with overlapping themes I've also lost my bearings and miss-posted comments in the wrong thread as well, so it happens.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Eugene I wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:03 pm
Cleric, it's possible to expand consciousness into the deeper layers of reality while the program is still running, and many people have tried to do that in many traditions and also beyond traditions: Buddhists, Judaists, Christian mystics, modern visionaries and consciousness practical researchers (Merrell-Wolf, Monroe, many other psychics and clairvoyants, patients of regression therapists like Michael Newton and so on). But so far the results are inconclusive: all those investigations showed different results. I tried to explain to you that what you and those people experienced might be a result of a mix of their own subconscious manifestations with some facets of the universal truths (but I admit that this is only a hypothetical explanation). So, what makes you believe that your investigation reveals to you the actual/true structures of the deeper levels of reality, and other people investigations gave them a distorted perception of those structures?
This question could sound semi-plausible from a completely secular person, who asks you for example "what makes you believe that you have gained access to level of consciousness that is higher than the everyday ego?" You know how you would answer: "It's not a belief, it's a direct experience. In the same way you need not to believe that you experience thinking. I know that I've found a higher ground because I perceive various desires, habits, mental patterns which have formerly worked within me completely unconsciously, I have been carried along them as a leaf on a stream. But now I see them. And not only that but with my Spirit I have the freedom to choose whether to allow any of them manifest or not."

But there's only a certain asymptotic limit that we can reach while still maintaining the well-defined boundaries of our 'individual conscious space'. To move further than that we need to cross a threshold. Then we find out that these forces that live within the bounds of our personality belong to a common higher World, just like the particles of our bodies belong to a common physical space. As we continue on this path, we discover even higher order of processes, rhythms within which our ordinary persona operates. Just as you were unconsciously being carried along the habitual patterns and then became conscious of them by rising with your Spirit above them, so we rise even higher and find out that our ordinary intellectual consciousness flows in a system of 'ducts', 'channels', 'pipes', that are defined through the interference of living processes within the higher world. These 'canals' are like rigid standing wave patterns carried on the flows of a much more free and dynamic higher realm.

So if you really ask that question "what makes you believe..." I'll have to answer in the same way that you answer the secular man but in a different 'octave', as described above. Just as the secular man can distrust you, call you deluded, say that you're mistaking your fantasies for higher levels of consciousness, so you can do the same about me.

The important thing is that just as you can say to the secular man "You don't have to take my word for it. It's a path of experience, you can verify everything for yourself", so I can say the same to you. The thing is that so far I don't see any willingness to consider even the foundations of this path. And that's OK - I keep saying it. Everyone is free. But you keep twisting everything we say for the sole purpose that you can feel secure in your position. The truth is that you feel glad that NDEs, visions, etc. give very conflicting reports. This reinforces the favorite phrase of modern humans "No one knows!". Is there more relieving, more liberating thing to hear than this? What a bliss! The bliss of ignorance! Only that if they were honest they would have to paraphrase it to "We don't want to know!" In other words, it's very convenient that there's chaos in ideas because this gives the perfect excuse to keep doing whatever one's heart desires.

I ask again, anyone, please, provide examples for other paths of experience that lead reliably, safely, verifiably to the inner spiritual nature of man, and do not depend on accidental, abnormal, anecdotal events such as trances, substances, abductions, NDEs, mediumism (fancily called channeling) etc.

People inquiry their thoughts, they try to analyze if they come from the ego, the brain, the super ego, yet no one asks where the thoughts that do the inquiry come from (you can see my post to Adur if you haven't). Then when people are pointed at exactly this process and are told "There, this is the only direction you haven't consider so far. You have to turn towards the actual spiritual activity, the Creative Dynamism of the Universe", they shudder in terror and think "Oooh nooo, not this! Anything but this!"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Basically we seem to have the same overlapping discussion going on now in at least 3 different threads, while cross-referencing comments from each of them. It may well be better to have some subforums if it helps to avoid this pattern.
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:34 pm Basically we seem to have the same overlapping discussion going on now in at least 3 different threads, while cross-referencing comments from each of them. It may well be better to have some subforums if it helps to avoid this pattern.
What happens when too many people leads a thread off-topic.

This thread is ostensibly about limiting the number of posts, but actually seems to demonstrate the very problem it is trying to solve.