Anthroposophy for Dummies

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Anthroposophy for Dummies

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:31 pm 'Fraid this Seth stuff, turning the past into the future, exceeds my boggle threshold. But hey.
For sure, the idea of 'future memories' boggles this mini-mind too. The point offered to consider is only that Atlantis did not actually exist within our earthly past, as a physically manifest civilization, but only exists as a 'blueprint' in some nonphysical, dreamtime way, as an idea construction that we aspire towards manifesting in a physical way in some future version of now. So this would not be in accord with anyone claiming to have knowledge of some lost civilization that actually existed in our past.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:07 pm
Ben Iscatus wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:31 pm 'Fraid this Seth stuff, turning the past into the future, exceeds my boggle threshold. But hey.
For sure, the idea of 'future memories' boggles this mini-mind too. The point offered to consider is only that Atlantis did not actually exist within our earthly past, as a physically manifest civilization, but only exists as a 'blueprint' in some nonphysical, dreamtime way, as an idea construction that we aspire towards manifesting in a physical way in some future version of now. So this would not be in accord with anyone claiming to have knowledge of some lost civilization that actually existed in our past.

Atlantis was a real physically existing civilization in Steiner view, between present England, North Africa, and America. It is also a psychic reality and ideal-warning of the future. There is no need to say it can only be one or the other. The Spirit himself (revealed in Christ incarnate) is our ultimate future ideal, but he most certainly is a real being who physically incarnated. That is just to make clear Steiner's position.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:00 pmAtlantis was a real physically existing civilization in Steiner view, between present England, North Africa, and America. It is also a psychic reality and ideal-warning of the future. There is no need to say it can only be one or the other. The Spirit himself (revealed in Christ incarnate) is our ultimate future ideal, but he most certainly is a real being who physically incarnated. That is just to make clear Steiner's position.
Yes, I realize it was Steiner's view. Others have made the case for Antarctica, Bolivia, Turkey, Germany, Malta, the Caribbean and elsewhere. Perhaps we could get him on the stand for some cross examination? No? Well next witness please. ;)
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:39 pm
AshvinP wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:00 pmAtlantis was a real physically existing civilization in Steiner view, between present England, North Africa, and America. It is also a psychic reality and ideal-warning of the future. There is no need to say it can only be one or the other. The Spirit himself (revealed in Christ incarnate) is our ultimate future ideal, but he most certainly is a real being who physically incarnated. That is just to make clear Steiner's position.
Yes, I realize it was Steiner's view. Others have made the case for Antarctica, Bolivia, Turkey, Germany, Malta, the Caribbean and elsewhere. Perhaps we could get him on the stand for some cross examination? No? Well next witness please. ;)

Have they really made the case, though, or just say that is what they perceived, or received from channeling source, or vaguely reference archeological findings? Steiner does actually make a thorough case, but not of the simple archeological, historical, etc. kind. Those details are relevant, but only in the context of an overall qualitative panorama of spiritual history. Once we get into that more imaginatively qualitative mindset, it's actually quite silly to think the myth of ancient Atlantis could be a complete fiction or only speaking of a "psychological" reality. These cross-cultural archetypal stories find their way into the collective subconscious for a reason, and especially for the metaphysical idealist, it is reasonable to conclude that whatever comes from the collective subconscious is tied to a concrete Reality. Of course we must still reason through the details to separate the explanatory wheat from the chaff, but that discerning judgment is very possible, especially if we admit the reality of higher cognition.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:54 pmHave they really made the case, though, or just say that is what they perceived, or received from channeling source, or vaguely reference archeological findings? Steiner does actually make a thorough case, but not of the simple archeological, historical, etc. kind. Those details are relevant, but only in the context of an overall qualitative panorama of spiritual history. Once we get into that more imaginatively qualitative mindset, it's actually quite silly to think the myth of ancient Atlantis could be a complete fiction or only speaking of a "psychological" reality. These cross-cultural archetypal stories find their way into the collective subconscious for a reason, and especially for the metaphysical idealist, it is reasonable to conclude that whatever comes from the collective subconscious is tied to a concrete Reality. Of course we must still reason through the details to separate the explanatory wheat from the chaff, but that discerning judgment is very possible, especially if we admit the reality of higher cognition.
Hey if you feel Steiner's case is definitive, so be it. I'll keep an open mind.
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Yes indeed! And let us not forget Lemuria, peopled by a civilisation of beings that came mainly from Sirius, Alpha Centauri, Pleiades, and other planetary systems who interbred and lived in the fifth dimensional frequency, eventually seeding Atlantis.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:00 pm
Yes indeed! And let us not forget Lemuria, peopled by a civilisation of beings that came mainly from Sirius, Alpha Centauri, Pleiades, and other planetary systems who interbred and lived in the fifth dimensional frequency, eventually seeding Atlantis.

Let's just be careful not to confuse unexamined assumption that these matters cannot be carefully investigated by reasoned analysis with "keeping an open mind". That, of course, is an excuse to close down the mind, not keep it open - another inversion of conceptual meaning in the modern age. Then we are left with strawmen of our own creation that we merrily burn down to boost our own ego, while we remain stuck in the one gear of abstract egoic intellect and stall out.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:00 pmYes indeed! And let us not forget Lemuria, peopled by a civilisation of beings that came mainly from Sirius, Alpha Centauri, Pleiades, and other planetary systems who interbred and lived in the fifth dimensional frequency, eventually seeding Atlantis.
Oh, I thought that was Lumania? Thanks for setting the record straight. ;)
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Oh, I thought that was Lumania? Thanks for setting the record straight. ;)
No, no, I stand corrected!
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:04 pm No, no, I stand corrected!
It takes great character to admit when one is mistaken :lol:

Btw Ben, bit of synchronicity, I just started chapter 4 of the Zinser book you recommended, which begins with this quote ...
"The refusal of modern 'enlightenment' to treat 'possession' as a hypothesis to be spoken of as even possible, in spite of the massive human tradition based on concrete experience in its favour, has always seemed to me a curious example of fashion in things scientific. That the demon theory (not necessarily a devil-theory) will have its innings again is to my mind absolutely certain. One has to be 'scientific' indeed to be blind and ignorant enough to suspect no such possibility" ~ William James