Glossary of Analytic Idealism

Here participants should focus discussion on Bernardo's model and related ideas, by way of exploration, explication, elaboration, and constructive critique. Moderators may intervene to reel in commentary that has drifted too far into areas where other interest groups may try to steer it
wmngreer

Glossary of Analytic Idealism

Post by wmngreer »

I often write about topics that relate to Bernardo's approach to Analytic Idealism. In this regard, I would find it quite helpful if a glossary were to be established on bernardokastrup.com to which I could refer. I expect that such a glossary would be of considerable help to general readers and students of Analytic Idealism.
Ben Iscatus

Re: Glossary of Analytic Idealism

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Brilliant idea. But you could do it here too, since BK's site links to this forum. Would it be this kind of thing?
MAL: Mind-at-Large (after Aldous Huxley). This is the transpersonal mind within which the universe unfolds (as an instinctive expression of that mind) and from which our personal minds are dissociated. Sometimes called God.
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

I've prepared a draft glossary here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12SW ... sp=sharing
I thought it best to keep it in a separate file, as it will need to be edited (and we can't edit here after an hour). Any suggestions welcome.
Martin_

Post by Martin_ »

Great work!
How about adding an entry on "Extrinsic Apearance". It is used quite a lot.

Also. on the "Brain" entry, re: its similarity with the Universe; would it be too strong to suggest that" BK suggests that the Universe, as observed with ts structure similar to neurons, is the extrinsic appearance of MAL". Maybe that's going too far?
"I don't understand." /Unknown
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Martin - OK, thanks very much. I'll do that.
Alex Goodall

Post by Alex Goodall »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 pm I've prepared a draft glossary here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12SW ... sp=sharing
I thought it best to keep it in a separate file, as it will need to be edited (and we can't edit here after an hour). Any suggestions welcome.
Ben - this is excellent! Thanks so much for creating this. It's going to be very useful to me.

Alex
Creator of the Liminal Learning Portal and Relevant Education
My attempts at metaphysical neutrality have been undermined by Analytic Idealism