Criticism

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Mark Tetzner

Re: Criticism

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am
Mark Tetzner wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:17 am JW is actually just one, WE are the cult.
True enough ... The us-vs-them cult being at the core of all cults, while belonging to it we are our own worse enemies.
I am not sure what you are saying. Do you think you are part of a cult now?
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Martin_ wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 am If you'd listen carefully to him, and not just apply your own prejudices onto his words, you'd see he has a point.
Martin, what do you make out of JW's insistence that Energy is the basis of all? And the question was not even if Energy or Consciousness is the basis - it was the simple fact that before we can even speak of a basis we must think. So whatever we chose as our basis it always comes second to thinking. This is not something that only Ashvin tried to point out but also Eugene and others. For me as a bywatcher, the way JW was refusing to even try and understand what everyone is trying to point him at, was simply scary. It's scary how someone who emerges from academia and is supposed to be the authority on such topics, has his own thinking completely in the blind spot. From that point onwards any attempt to make a meaningful conversation turned into slippery twisting evasive maneuvers. And the scary thing is that he didn't even seem to be aware that he's avoiding one of the most central points that thinkers of today must comprehend with perfect clarity.
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

I think JW was welcomed in a pretty awesome way. I kicked things of with a audio-video to ask him something, soon Mr. Shu invited him to other threads, I humorously asked him to record a Hoelderlin-poem for us on video...and sure, he got some push-back as well, after all this forum is around BK and he insultet and accused him in serious ways. Others bonded with him because they also have "I am being evaded-beef" with BK. I think this is the typical camp-stuff, it produces more "blind spot" than anything. That does not mean he did not get insultet himself by one or two people, but I think bowing in front of him like he is some superstar is also not needed, after all this is mostly about the discussions. However, he seems to be popular, I think that makes the difference, they like the ole "odd bott"
Last edited by Mark Tetzner on Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Mark Tetzner wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm I am not sure what you are saying. Do you think you are part of a cult now?
I cannot claim to be unequivocally free of the us-vs-them cult.

And on that note, speaking of being free, I'll wind up my own contributions to this thread with this reflection on "Why can't I free your doubtful mind?"

Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:07 pm
Mark Tetzner wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm I am not sure what you are saying. Do you think you are part of a cult now?
I cannot claim to be unequivocally free of the us-vs-them cult.
Sure, thats good self-reflection.
Martin_

Post by Martin_ »

Cleric K wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:05 pm
Martin_ wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 am If you'd listen carefully to him, and not just apply your own prejudices onto his words, you'd see he has a point.
Martin, what do you make out of JW's insistence that Energy is the basis of all? And the question was not even if Energy or Consciousness is the basis - it was the simple fact that before we can even speak of a basis we must think. So whatever we chose as our basis it always comes second to thinking. This is not something that only Ashvin tried to point out but also Eugene and others. For me as a bywatcher, the way JW was refusing to even try and understand what everyone is trying to point him at, was simply scary. It's scary how someone who emerges from academia and is supposed to be the authority on such topics, has his own thinking completely in the blind spot. From that point onwards any attempt to make a meaningful conversation turned into slippery twisting evasive maneuvers. And the scary thing is that he didn't even seem to be aware that he's avoiding one of the most central points that thinkers of today must comprehend with perfect clarity.
I could answer that, but that would probably revive the thread which i'm trying to avoid. (and to properly do it i'd need to dig through 70+ pages which i don't feel like) So, respectfully, for another time! :D, and also, i didint' read it all, and certainly don't remember it all. i may be wrong, at this point i'm more reporting my lingering (subjective) impression than anything else.
"I don't understand." /Unknown
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Most seem to agree we should let this thread sink, why dont we do that....