Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou ... You may have addressed this before, but I'm curious too if a Daime message played any part in your leaving Brasil, given the seemingly synchronistic timing of the pandemic.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:24 pm Lou ... You may have addressed this before, but I'm curious too if a Daime message played any part in your leaving Brasil, given the seemingly synchronistic timing of the pandemic.
Actually, this offers an example of the mysteriousness. In late July 2019 I arrived in Hawaii for medical attention beyond the capabilities in Western Amazonia. Shortly after arriving here I had a series of three serious cardiac events (in September, November and January) from which I've nicely recovered due to the excellent attention I've received here. Then came the pandemic and I found myself locked down in a tropical paradise being blessed with a new opportunity to explore a relationship with the Queen of Sea, for which I'm grateful beyond words. I do miss my Brazilian friends and the forest and I'm especially concerned because the Covid situation there is very difficult. In an earlier comment you mentioned that I'm very fortunate. Indeed, I am and just thinking of the suffering elsewhere brings tears to my eyes.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm
Cleric K wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:05 pm Lou, out of curiosity: how do you ship Daime through a Zoom session? :)
Well, now I'm curious as to what Lou makes of this ... Ayahuasca in Hawaii? Celebrate Hawaii's Shamanic Plants
Shu,

I asked around a bit. This group has been functioning for some years with a brew that is an ayahuasca analog based on local plants. I haven't found anyone who has done actual ceremony with them, so nothing to report positive or negative.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Intriguing that there would be an ayahuasca analog given the genetic association between the indigenous cultures of Polynesia and parts of South America, according to this Smithsonian Article
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:38 pm Intriguing that there would be an ayahuasca analog given the genetic association between the indigenous cultures of Polynesia and parts of South America, according to this Smithsonian Article
Not sure that any of these folks are native Hawaiian. I'm skeptical of a Polynesia/South America sacred plant link.

For reference, here's an article about many known plants that are analogs for the constituent DMT and MAO inhibitor but I personally have not experienced them.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

By way of a wrap up here, I want to say that I've not been here to offer romantic visions of bygone eras. What's done has been done and the separations have traumatized everyone on every side of every dualist divide. Heaven/Earth, good/evil, light/dark, God/Satan, wild/domestic, matter/spirit are not going to end. Indeed, these tensions, imbalances, illnesses, paradoxes are part of a process calling for the replanting of virtuous relationships capable of renewal, restoration, rebirth and redemption. This is what life itself is calling upon us to do. To rebuild the hoop of a virtuous cycle of life and death is the challenge. It's not about getting liberated from it so much as it is about relating to it. How? One way is to get humble and rebuild the soil. Another way(s) is to relate to the embedded trauma in one's own body and psyche. The challenge of embodiment is to be fully embodied in relationship. This challenge exists at every level. The real possibility of healing is the Glory. If not now, when? Amen.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

I'm skeptical of a Polynesia/South America sacred plant link.

Well, as there's no written record of this cross-cultural encounter, I seems unlikely we'll ever know if the Polynesian's came across ayahuasca in their South American travels, so it'll probably remain a mystery.
David_Sundaram

Post by David_Sundaram »

Lou Gold wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:41 amThe challenge of embodiment is to be fully embodied in relationship. This challenge exists at every level.
Aye to that, Lou. Based on my understanding, I would say: 'The challenge and opportunity of psychospiritual incarnation as a 'nodal' soul in a multiplistic world is to become a fully relational (i.e. full-'fledged') soul. As articulated in my treatise:

"Souls ‘graduate’ from Earthly-life’s ‘school’ when their reincarnational learning and development ‘curriculum’ has thus been completed. Having realized their Cosmic ‘I’dentity (termed ‘Christhood’ by some and spoken of  as [every]one’s ‘Buddha Nature’ by others) to be The Spirit of Life Itself,  such souls operationally function as full-fledged colleagues of what Jesus referenced as ‘the Father’ from then on. Those who have grasped the fact  that the pronouns I and me as used in Jesus’ statements actually reference The Entity (i.e., the entirety) of Life’s Flow – Why? Because, as elucidated in Chapter 1, he personally completely ‘i’dentified with It! – who now also grok the fact that the above-described reincarnational learning-and‑development-leading-to-graduation process is what ‘leads’ to such collegial  recombination, will have no trouble recognizing that it is said all‑encompassing Flow-phenom, and not himself personally, that Jesus was referencing when he emphatically declared: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me!” (John 14:6)

Now, everything and so everyone in existence (i.e ‘in’ the realm of Creation) is an expression and so an extension of said Father’s (i.e., The Creator’s) Being. So nothing and no one can ever really be separate from ‘Him’ in  the  first place. What the idea that one may ‘come unto’ ‘the Father’ as a soul stems from is the ‘higher [Cleric ;) ) order’ exponential (as in f(x) = xn) growth‑capacity referencing matrixial truth that one may, by (way of) participating in said reincarnational learning and development process (eventually) become aware of one’s ‘Oneness’ with ‘the Father’ and so, possibly ( ;) Lou) , electively choose to refine one’s motivation and improve the quality of one’s engagement with Life and others in It with the aim of becoming, and thereby actually (eventually) ‘grow’ into being, a full‑fledged partner in said “Father’s” Love and Joy ‘business’ venture. It is (only!) by repeatedly incarnating as (student) ‘drivers’ in Love and Joy experience-and-expression-capable (body) ‘vehicles’, learning from their successes as well as their failures and consequently becoming more expansively aware and broadly capable along said ‘way’, that souls may (eventually) reach the  point where they meaningfully comprehend, integrally embrace and consciously choose to act in accord with the fact that the gestalts of their and others’ self hoods are really subsidiary ‘i’dentities spawned and animated by our ‘Father’ for the purpose of effectuating and further exploring (as yet) unrealized Love and Joy experience↔expression possibilities. They thereby enter ‘into’ conscious communion with The Life of said Father (as self-generative beings) and then, assuming they continue to function in such ‘unified’ mode (this always remains a matter of choice), ‘eternally’ live so thereafter.
"

Lou Gold wrote:The real possibility of healing is the Glory. If not now, when? Amen.
Healing = becoming Wholesome, integrated with 'Life as Whole'.

'Glory' is for 'romantic poet' types. As an 'designer-engineer' type, 'I' am just 'delighted' to have 'brain-connected' 'thumbs' and (I imagine) my 'thumbs just 'enjoy' being 'a part of' and 'serving' 'me'.

Woohoo, Bro! 💥
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Lou Gold wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:41 am By way of a wrap up here, I want to say that I've not been here to offer romantic visions of bygone eras. What's done has been done and the separations have traumatized everyone on every side of every dualist divide. Heaven/Earth, good/evil, light/dark, God/Satan, wild/domestic, matter/spirit are not going to end. Indeed, these tensions, imbalances, illnesses, paradoxes are part of a process calling for the replanting of virtuous relationships capable of renewal, restoration, rebirth and redemption. This is what life itself is calling upon us to do. To rebuild the hoop of a virtuous cycle of life and death is the challenge.
That is quite a conclusive statement. What I was attempting to convey on another thread is that the above conclusion stems from a particular mode of perceiving and conceiving of Nature and Culture, i.e. cyclical and circular. Once that mode is adopted, yes, it makes sense that the dual-aspects of the world that we are all too familiar with will not simply "end". Another mode of perception-conception, which is characteristic of Western 'Faustian' civilization, concludes that the dual-aspects we are familiar with will transform through their tensions into some 'higher' Unity. We can see this conception clearly in the scripture which underlies Western civilization:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband" -Revelation 21:1-2
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"