Community Q&A w/ Bernardo Kastrup & Donald Hoffman

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Not my account

Community Q&A w/ Bernardo Kastrup & Donald Hoffman

Post by Not my account »

I’m hosting a Q&A with both Donald Hoffman and Bernardo Kastrup, Thursday November 17 at 11am PT (2pm ET / 8pm CET) on the Analytic Idealism Discord server. I’d like to invite anyone who is interested. The event itself is pretty neat: you get a chance to ask both Bernardo and Don your questions yourself. I will record the event and post it on my YouTube channel.

Hope to see you there!
tjssailor

Re: Community Q&A w/ Bernardo Kastrup & Donald Hoffman

Post by tjssailor »

This is great! What about pulling in Tom Campbell?

The hardest question is not why is there consciousness, but why does there seem to be individualized consciousness? Why do I seem to exist as consciousness associated with a specific body looking out of a specific set of eyes? After all billions of other bodies were around before this one that don't seem to have anything to do with me. What changed?

Idealism and dualism are the only explanations for a seeming "individualized" consciousness.
Panpsychism, materialism, integrated info theory, orch arch, all fail.

As an example for panpsychism: Why does say a clump of conscious particles over here create me and an equal clump of conscious particles over there create you.
tjssailor

Re: Community Q&A w/ Bernardo Kastrup & Donald Hoffman

Post by tjssailor »

Hi! When will this be posted on your channel?