Learning concepts

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Güney27

Learning concepts

Post by Güney27 »

How do we learned the concepts which structure our thinking live, and which we take for granted like Truth, love, energy, wisdom, forgiveness...... ?

I can't remember the learning process, and I don't know if it is possible to remember this childhood memory's, but empirically it could be experienced whem we learn concepts that are completely new to us and observe the process.

We're these concepts always there, and we first had to learn the skill of finding them?
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
lorenzop

Re: Learning concepts

Post by lorenzop »

Güney27 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:30 am How do we learned the concepts which structure our thinking live, and which we take for granted like Truth, love, energy, wisdom, forgiveness...... ?

I can't remember the learning process, and I don't know if it is possible to remember this childhood memory's, but empirically it could be experienced whem we learn concepts that are completely new to us and observe the process.

We're these concepts always there, and we first had to learn the skill of finding them?
This may not be answering your question - and it may be an incorrect restating of Anthroposophy\Steiner . . . According to Anthroposophy objects in the world, and the world itself, each has an inherent identity or essence. Objects such as planets, mountains, cats, rivers, etc have identity or essence, and identity \ essence are really the same and are simply different ways of describing 'meaning'.
By 'identity' I mean can be assigned a name . . . perhaps not literally a name . . . but objects can be assigned identifier(s) like cat-being, mountain-being, human being, etc. Saturn-being, Christ-being also examples of identifiers.
By 'essence' I mean a set of properties and\or attributes, like Courage, Love, Energy, Male, etc.. . .
These identities\essences are inherent to objects\beings, unlike Buddhism which states that objects are inherently empty (of properties \ attributes \ identity)
Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

lorenzop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 am
Güney27 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:30 am How do we learned the concepts which structure our thinking live, and which we take for granted like Truth, love, energy, wisdom, forgiveness...... ?

This may not be answering your question - and it may be an incorrect restating of Anthroposophy\Steiner . . . According to Anthroposophy objects in the world, and the world itself, each has an inherent identity or essence. Objects such as planets, mountains, cats, rivers, etc have identity or essence, and identity \ essence are really the same and are simply different ways of describing 'meaning'.
By 'identity' I mean can be assigned a name . . . perhaps not literally a name . . . but objects can be assigned identifier(s) like cat-being, mountain-being, human being, etc. Saturn-being, Christ-being also examples of identifiers.
By 'essence' I mean a set of properties and\or attributes, like Courage, Love, Energy, Male, etc.. . .
These identities\essences are inherent to objects\beings, unlike Buddhism which states that objects are inherently empty (of properties \ attributes \ identity)
What do you mean with that ?
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

lorenzop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 am

Indeed it is an incorrect restating. When you wrote the above, the stream of thoughts you intended does not have to be arbitrarily given its own 'identity' or 'essence'. Rather, the manifested stream of thought-perception (such as the sounds of your inner voice) refers right back to your intentional center of coherence that willed them. This center, however, cannot be found as any perceptual object in the world. Instead, it is like a center of gravity around which your thought-forms, memories, emotions, desires, etc. revolve. Even if you add up all these various forms of your soul-life, they won't equal the coherent center - the latter is always more than the sum of its 'parts'.

Of course, there is still a lawful relation between the coherent center and the forms which revolve around it. If you intend an imaginative thought that is condensed into an artistic painting, the latter certainly tells us something about the soul-life from which it proceeded. It can provide feedback for how to adjust your technique to more effectively express your imaginative thinking. It is the same thing with the cosmic and natural objects of the World - they are artistic expressions of coherent Centers around which they revolve. These are the ideal streamlines that Cleric illustrated on the other thread. From our current perspective, the Centers are temporal curvatures along which our 'space' of potential thoughts, feelings, and actions is bent, not fixed objects.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

Güney27 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:16 pm What do you mean with that ?
Ashwin did not approve of my restatement of Anthroposophy - and I did not understand his correct restatement of Anthroposophy at all - so I have to pass on this thread.
In fact, I have to pass on this entire forum as it makes zero sense to me.