This forum

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Stranger

Re: This forum

Post by Stranger »

AshvinP wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:59 pm It could only be because you assume it is impossible that you are misunderstanding the higher cognitive path, because you already encompass the ground-level reality from which it emerges and the only thing you may be missing are the details that are mostly worked out with intellectual thinking or some visionary capacities.

As Cleric has said a few times already on this thread, it is inevitable that this will be felt like a tyranny, a cult, a beatdown, because there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what is being spoken of. It is felt like we are trying to force our philosophical or visionary understanding of higher worlds onto everyone else, and arbitrarily telling people they have misunderstood, because it is simply assumed that's all spiritual science could be, just another spiritual framework among many others. Why would he keep emphasizing this point in every post if there wasn't some truth to it?
I meditate every day, test my understanding with direct meditative experiences and continuously question my understanding even including the most fundamental axioms. That is why I never fit into any philosophical or religious framework and even if I tend to adhere to some of them for some time, I never get stuck in them for too long. But for the same reason, I'm always open to consider and experientially try new approaches and insights. It's a living and ever-expanding process. But the ultimate test for me is always the direct introspective experience.

But just as a suggestion, if you guys want to engage more people in your explorations, you need to be more patient and to allow people to digest the material on their own pace without expecting them to understand everything and agree with everything that you try to convey in one big "aha". This stuff is really intellectually demanding and requires time to digest for ordinary people.
"You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the ocean in a drop" Rumi
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Stranger wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:17 pm
AshvinP wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:59 pm It could only be because you assume it is impossible that you are misunderstanding the higher cognitive path, because you already encompass the ground-level reality from which it emerges and the only thing you may be missing are the details that are mostly worked out with intellectual thinking or some visionary capacities.

As Cleric has said a few times already on this thread, it is inevitable that this will be felt like a tyranny, a cult, a beatdown, because there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what is being spoken of. It is felt like we are trying to force our philosophical or visionary understanding of higher worlds onto everyone else, and arbitrarily telling people they have misunderstood, because it is simply assumed that's all spiritual science could be, just another spiritual framework among many others. Why would he keep emphasizing this point in every post if there wasn't some truth to it?
I meditate every day, test my understanding with direct meditative experiences and continuously question my understanding even including the most fundamental axioms. That is why I never fit into any philosophical or religious framework and even if I tend to adhere to some of them for some time, I never get stuck in them for too long. But for the same reason, I'm always open to consider and experientially try new approaches and insights. It's a living and ever-expanding process. But the ultimate test for me is always the direct introspective experience.

But just as a suggestion, if you guys want to engage more people in your explorations, you need to be more patient and to allow people to digest the material on their own pace without expecting them to understand everything and agree with everything that you try to convey in one big "aha". This stuff is really intellectually demanding and requires time to digest for ordinary people.

So do you conceive it is possible that when your meditation reaches its limits, another sort of meditation can go further into the depths of spiritual reality? This isn't any philosophical or religious framework. It is about taking direct introspective experience to the next level of objective inner reality. From these deeper levels, we understand all the philosophical and religious and nondual frameworks, how they arose and what they are speaking of, but we don't identify with any of them.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

AshvinP wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:32 pm So do you conceive it is possible that when your meditation reaches its limits, another sort of meditation can go further into the depths of spiritual reality? This isn't any philosophical or religious framework. It is about taking direct introspective experience to the next level of objective inner reality. From these deeper levels, we understand all the philosophical and religious and nondual frameworks, how they arose and what they are speaking of, but we don't identify with any of them.
Oh, absolutely!
"You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the ocean in a drop" Rumi
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Stranger wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:34 pm
AshvinP wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:32 pm So do you conceive it is possible that when your meditation reaches its limits, another sort of meditation can go further into the depths of spiritual reality? This isn't any philosophical or religious framework. It is about taking direct introspective experience to the next level of objective inner reality. From these deeper levels, we understand all the philosophical and religious and nondual frameworks, how they arose and what they are speaking of, but we don't identify with any of them.
Oh, absolutely!

Great! Then I imagine the next time we hear from you, after you have digested the material on this forum at your own pace, it won't be another video link to nondual awakening, which we have all agreed traps us at the threshold of true Self-lucidity, or commiseration about the past history of the forum, but comments and questions related to how we better orient toward the manifold and harmonic relations of spiritual reality and, even if we haven't attained clairvoyance ourselves, explore the clairvoyant experiences in our living thinking, which in truth already lives across the threshold of corporeal death and can therefore understand how the current Earthly life was prepared by and will prepare that Cosmic journey.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."