Jordan Peterson “Beyond Order” book excerpt: Aeon of Horus, Osiris, Star Wars, Jung and Crowley

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Jordan Peterson “Beyond Order” book excerpt: Aeon of Horus, Osiris, Star Wars, Jung and Crowley

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:10 am... somebody asked how many have tripped being Jesus, at some point of their path. Almost all raised their hands. :)

There's a re-imagined story that Jesus didn't actually corporeally die on the cross, but was taken down just in time, so not really resurrected, but rather resuscitated and nursed back to health by Mary Magdalene, and then went into anonymous exile, perhaps somewhere in the Himalayas, to take up a new life ~ in which case it may be that even Jesus moved on from being Jesus. Maybe sacrilegious, but I feel some affinity with that version.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Re: Jordan Peterson “Beyond Order” book excerpt: Aeon of Horus, Osiris, Star Wars, Jung and Crowley

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am
SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:10 am... somebody asked how many have tripped being Jesus, at some point of their path. Almost all raised their hands. :)

There's a re-imagined story that Jesus didn't actually corporeally die on the cross, but was taken down just in time, so not really resurrected, but rather resuscitated and nursed back to health by Mary Magdalene, and then went into anonymous exile, perhaps somewhere in the Himalayas, to take up a new life ~ in which case it may be that even Jesus moved on from being Jesus. Maybe sacrilegious, but I feel some affinity with that version.
Since consciousness never dies Jesus remains to be reborn over and over again. Similar to Ramana, who while dying, assures his followers with, "I'm not leaving you. Where would I go?"
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:45 am
AshvinP wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:24 am There is a certain anti-pragmatic bias here which wants us to replace what works very well to mitigate separation and alienation, as established over many centuries and throughout many different cultures, with what most people will barely understand, and what will feel entirely foreign to their soul-spirit. JP's alleged willful blindness is literally transforming thousands of people's lives with the symbols he employs and the way he employs them, bringing some back from the brink of suicide. Will the rather cold, detached (but new!) mathematical foundation you are proposing do the same? Will it provide people with enough 'why' to live so they can bear any 'how'? I highly doubt it.
Anti-pragmatic? Replace?

I don't know what you mean. At least in the mathematical context, it is the set theoretical foundation is highly anti-pragmatic. Hilbert arbitrarily declares highly abstract language game, which for the most part can't be constructed in numbers, not written in any form, not even as generative algorithms. He declares that there exists "numbers" that cannot be demonstrated and computed, but despite that are "able" to do basic arithmetics, even though only in principle but never in practice. The current theory is very literally declaration that Emperor has new clothes. To believe in non-constructible theory of non-demonstrable "numbers", to believe in very literal Emperor's new clothes, that is a very curious form of willful blindness.

There's no suggestion to replace anything else but the set theoretical foundation. To improve the pragmatic aspect of mathematics, to be able to write continua and construct communicable mathematics, instead of the authoritarian axiomatic declaration that continua are literal Emperor's new clothes.

Somehow your thought and emotions seem to create a scenario, where JP and a better foundation of mathematics are mutually exclusive, opposite forces. Doesn't that scenario emerge from combination of either-or and turning JP into an object of worship, instead of compassion with his humanity and spiritual journey. Does that attitude of objectifying and externalizing do justice to Jordan, a fellow human being and his suffering, his care? In your heart, do you really want to keep on repeating that pattern of human sacrifice, to individuate and separate Jordan into your shaman tool?

You seem offended by observation of willful blindness. Is your shadow integration complete? Can it be complete? Could the feeling of offense be a defense mechanism of the Shadow against it's integration in the light of consciousness?
I am just going off your comments and critcisms... you obviously feel anyone focusing on the "old" myths is being "willfully blind", like JP. That's where we disagree. I have no problem saying your mathematical approach can exist in the wide range of helpful symbols which point to spiritual realities, but it cannot be the Foundation i.e. the primary set of symbols or used as a replacement for the Mystery of Golgotha.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:01 pmSince consciousness never dies Jesus remains to be reborn over and over again.
Could be, could be,
as there is a JC
creating seemingly
'miraculous' harmony :D
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:01 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:01 pmSince consciousness never dies Jesus remains to be reborn over and over again.
Could be, could be,
as there is a JC
creating seemingly
EXACTLY!
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Could be, could be,
as there is a JC
creating seemingly

EXACTLY!
Now considering a rule for better or for worse
that all posts now must be in rhyming verse.
Martin_

Post by Martin_ »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:50 pm
Could be, could be,
as there is a JC
creating seemingly

EXACTLY!
i would not agree
to such decree
"I don't understand." /Unknown
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Martin_ wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:02 pm
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:50 pm
EXACTLY!
i would not agree
to such decree
Ding dong
What's wrong?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:45 am You seem offended by observation of willful blindness. Is your shadow integration complete? Can it be complete? Could the feeling of offense be a defense mechanism of the Shadow against it's integration in the light of consciousness?
Just to clarify here, I am only "offended" (more accurately, disappointed) by suggestions to diminish or otherwise marginalize the work JP is doing, because that sort of person with that sort of influence is extremely rare and there is no shortage of reasons for him to bow out of the spiritual discussion completely. In a recent interview he relates that he wakes up in agony every day due to Akathisia and has to live in "15 minute increments" to make it through the day. The only reason he doesn't go to emergency room every day is because he spent 1.5 years in various hospitals and he knows they cannot do anything to relieve the agony. Even the best among us can fall from heroism into irrelevance or villainy if we are not careful and gracious in our approach to what they offer us. I am not suggesting your comments here are making it back to JP or anything like that, but they may certainly influence those who have only heard of him in passing and have not yet considered much of his work.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

AshvinP wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:31 pm
SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:45 am You seem offended by observation of willful blindness. Is your shadow integration complete? Can it be complete? Could the feeling of offense be a defense mechanism of the Shadow against it's integration in the light of consciousness?
Just to clarify here, I am only "offended" (more accurately, disappointed) by suggestions to diminish or otherwise marginalize the work JP is doing, because that sort of person with that sort of influence is extremely rare and there is no shortage of reasons for him to bow out of the spiritual discussion completely. In a recent interview he relates that he wakes up in agony every day due to Akathisia and has to live in "15 minute increments" to make it through the day. The only reason he doesn't go to emergency room every day is because he spent 1.5 years in various hospitals and he knows they cannot do anything to relieve the agony. Even the best among us can fall from heroism into irrelevance or villainy if we are not careful and gracious in our approach to what they offer us. I am not suggesting your comments here are making it back to JP or anything like that, but they may certainly influence those who have only heard of him in passing and have not yet considered much of his work.

Akathisia Bingo! This is why I instantly recognized him papably as a "wounded healer." No one should therefore less value the healing message, However, the shadow should be recognized as well and held, with compassion, in balance.