Nietzsche and Christianity - Metaphysical Idealist Critique

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Nietzsche and Christianity - Metaphysical Idealist Critique

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Cleric K wrote: ↑Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:03 pm
"As far as the 'personification' of the higher beings - I think this should already be clear. It is not a question to impose some personas on these beings but to recognize that they experience unique spiritual perspectives within the Whole. Are they metacognitive? As I said in the discussion about this, they are fully self-aware (perspective-aware), much more that we are, but they don't think in abstract concepts - they don't need to. The experience of their unique perspective within the Whole gives them all that's needed about what they are and what they can do with their activity. Once again - the nondualist is in the best position to understand this - even though he silences self-awareness, he is still fully and lucidly perspective-aware, and can act in full consciousness."

While I can make some sense of the projected personification of beings of some empyrean domain, or oversouls, or daemons, or other such entities, this doesn't really address the tendency, typical of monotheism, toward the projected personification of the fundamental, uncaused, unconditioned, irreducible Consciousness posited as the ontological primitive of idealism, such that it is deemed to be a supreme God and Father intent upon wilfully and premeditatively creating a corporeal realm, and intervening upon it with some teleological course correction. In contrast to such a notion, seemingly regardless of religion, when mystics report on having approached this state of Consciousness I've referred to herein, it is as the awareness of being nothing but undifferentiated Awareness ~God-realization/revelation if you will ~ which can be said to transcend any subject><object dynamic whatsoever, and thus precludes it being personified in any way, never mind assigning a gender to it. So I'm curious as to how such a transcendental 'nondual' state fits into cosmology according to Cleric? Delusion or Realization?
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:30 am Cleric K wrote: ↑Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:03 pm
"As far as the 'personification' of the higher beings - I think this should already be clear. It is not a question to impose some personas on these beings but to recognize that they experience unique spiritual perspectives within the Whole. Are they metacognitive? As I said in the discussion about this, they are fully self-aware (perspective-aware), much more that we are, but they don't think in abstract concepts - they don't need to. The experience of their unique perspective within the Whole gives them all that's needed about what they are and what they can do with their activity. Once again - the nondualist is in the best position to understand this - even though he silences self-awareness, he is still fully and lucidly perspective-aware, and can act in full consciousness."

While I can make some sense of the projected personification of beings of some empyrean domain, or oversouls, or daemons, or other such entities, this doesn't really address the tendency, typical of monotheism, toward the projected personification of the fundamental, uncaused, unconditioned, irreducible Consciousness posited as the ontological primitive of idealism, such that it is deemed to be a supreme God and Father intent upon wilfully and premeditatively creating a corporeal realm, and intervening upon it with some teleological course correction. In contrast to such a notion, seemingly regardless of religion, when mystics report on having approached this state of Consciousness I've referred to herein, it is as the awareness of being nothing but undifferentiated Awareness ~God-realization/revelation if you will ~ which can be said to transcend any subject><object dynamic whatsoever, and thus precludes it being personified in any way, never mind assigning a gender to it. So I'm curious as to how such a transcendental 'nondual' state fits into cosmology according to Cleric? Delusion or Realization?
I've acquired a whole new insight into all of this by virtue of the Paul Levy Kabbalah article suggested to me by Shaibei in another thread. Perhaps you'll see fit to weave it into the discussion?
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:30 am While I can make some sense of the projected personification of beings of some empyrean domain, or oversouls, or daemons, or other such entities, this doesn't really address the tendency, typical of monotheism, toward the projected personification of the fundamental, uncaused, unconditioned, irreducible Consciousness posited as the ontological primitive of idealism, such that it is deemed to be a supreme God and Father intent upon wilfully and premeditatively creating a corporeal realm, and intervening upon it with some teleological course correction. In contrast to such a notion, seemingly regardless of religion, when mystics report on having approached this state of Consciousness I've referred to herein, it is as the awareness of being nothing but undifferentiated Awareness ~God-realization/revelation if you will ~ which can be said to transcend any subject><object dynamic whatsoever, and thus precludes it being personified in any way, never mind assigning a gender to it. So I'm curious as to how such a transcendental 'nondual' state fits into cosmology according to Cleric? Delusion or Realization?
This is what our talk is about. Even though the thought and feeling of subject><object are transcended this doesn't change the fact that we still experience a specific spiritual vantage point within the Awareness. What Eugene says that "In the non-dual state there is not only a dissolution of the sense of separate self, but also a dissolution of the sense of any "perspective" whatsoever" should be specified further. If we are speaking of sense of perspective, I would put that together with the sense of self. But what would it mean that the perspective itself within Awareness dissolves? One possibility is that everything dissolves into vague uniformity, bordering on unconsciousness. Another possibility is that we experience the truly undifferentiated Awareness but if we are true to the principles of nondualism, this would mean that we should be able to experience simultaneously all possible conscious perspectives. After all, the undifferentiated MAL contains every other perspective within itself, so if you transcend your individual perspective, without mine becoming also part of yours, what's the whole meaning of speaking of nonduality and undifferentiatedness? If other perspectives simply disappear, how do we distinguish this from simply becoming unconscious of everything else but our own perspective? Then we simply confuse our featureless perspective for some fundamental grounds.
And I'm not saying that it is impossible to experience the integration of different perspectives. We can indeed approach this state. But ironically this would only prove from experience the gnostic perspective as we approach a Cosmic holistic conscious perspective which experiences within itself all possible conscious perspectives as potential. If the mystic experiences this he'll also know from direct experience what the Christ is. Because it is precisely the Christ impulse that opens the way for Macrocosmic integration of consciousness. So the mystic would be a Christian Initiate and we wouldn't be leading this conversation :)

The fact that the mystic describes the undivided state in the opposite way, as void, Great Mysteriousness, etc., only shows that he's approaching the experience through undifferentiating his own consciousness. It is true that in this process many insight about some of the layers of our psyche can be unveiled but ultimately it all succumbs into Cosmic nebulousness.

From the standpoint of higher cognition this experience is very clearly understood. I've spoken before about this. It is achieved by specific configuration of the head and larynx soul organs. We need to balance the two lotus petals in the head but we must also suppress any spiritual activity that proceeds from the larynx organ. What we thus behold is nothing other than the inner experience of our soul/astral body. It doesn't have sharp boundaries as our physical, so it is perfectly well experienced as boundless sea of undivided and undifferentiated Awareness - this is what it really is, it's no delusion! We are experiencing the reality of the soul world. Delusions only issue when we misinterpret the experience. And this delusion is widespread today in the belief, that reality exists simply as a dream picture within Awareness. And again - this is what the immediate experience looks like! Even in this very moment, everyone of us, doesn't experience some 'outer world' but the screen of the soul/astral body as it is being modified by the etheric and physical on one side and by our spiritual activity on the other. Things become misleading only when we imagine that this astral screen is the only thing that exists - a thin, floating dream picture that Awareness somehow simply conjures up.

Eugene says "What is left is an infinite space of luminous experiencing/awareness where conscious phenomena appear and disappear with no perspective at all, and with no sense of a perceiver or of a locus point of a perspective." Yes, this is exactly the experience we get when we configure the two soul organs as described and we experience the contents within the astral world. And it is precisely here that the error is made: it is simply assumed that this appearance and disappearance of phenomena is some innate/instinctive ability of the dreaming astral Awareness. We assume that we've reached the grounds of existence where things come in and out of the dream as thin floating pictures. But this is exactly what I mean by perspective. Would it be reasonable to claim that all meditators that experience the undivided whole at the same time, experience the exact same phenomena entering and leaving? This should be the case if we really reach some grounds that truly represent the MAL state before it is differentiated into different perspectives. But this is not the case (otherwise it would have been already used to convince materialists in telepathy). The phenomena that we experience can be completely different from those of other meditators. The only common things are that we don't have a sense of separateness and we experience a boundless soul world. So even without any sense of self or perspective, we still experience an individual vantage point within MAL.

Things are already clear enough if we simply think things through to their ultimate conclusions. The mystical state is achieved by emptying consciousness and experiencing the boundless sea. This is common knowledge. But at what point do we experience also our surroundings, plants, animals, other people, the Earth, the whole Cosmos, becoming the contents of our awareness? It's simply not experienced (unless someone confuses his visions of these things for their actual creation - an this happens!). As said previously, these experiences are either claimed to be unexperiencable because MAL is instinctive in nature or it's expected that they can be experienced but only after death - which is a belief.

Things become radically different when we follow the thread of our spiritual activity. As I've said before, the Buddhist type of meditation is not in vain. It can be used as great platform for entering higher cognition - the discipline and clarity of mind are needed. But we need to bring our focused activity into the picture. Through the process of self development we learn that the phenomena of entering and leaving within awareness are not the ground truth but are only the Imaginative perceptions of the deeds of beings. That's how the illusion of a thin and flat dream picture is ripped to shreds. We understand that behind every movement, every color, there's some kind of spiritual activity, experienced from a unique perspective. We also understand that integration of perspectives is really possible. This is what the consciousness of a higher being as the Christ is - our perspectives are integrated within his. That's how we also discover the plants, animals, planets, the Sun from their spiritual side.

As far as the most ultimate, absolute perspective of all - I don't think we can speak of it in any meaningful way. And most certainly we don't at all come even near to that Absolute within mystical meditation experiencing the astral world, let alone to claim that the astral is the Absolute itself.
Eugene I wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 am Yet, having experienced the non-dual state myself, I'm puzzled about why any divine being existing in a non-dual state would want to create a world populated with creatures (humans) genetically designed/programmed to experience the world dualistically? Perhaps the experience of the dualistic state and the sense of separation, even though it is so prone to confusion and suffering, is a necessary developmental gate/stage to get some important insights and facilitate further development of consciousness? This remains an open question to me.
The short answer is that this is an attempt of the Spirit to experience the condition which we call freedom. It's the possibility to learn from experience. We really begin to appreciate this experiment of freedom once the 'vertical' integration of consciousness begins. As long as we view the Earth only as a sandbox for suffering - I agree, it's strange and illogical. But when we begin to comprehend the actual path of evolution we begin to see things differently. When we look at the starry sky we tremble in awe and wonder - we understand that it's not just a floating dream picture but everything that is now external will gradually, bit by bit become internal. Then we understand this is what we have wanted. The deeper we dive into the fragments the more fantastic and interesting our way up is. Everything that is shattered around us, matter, life, humans - everything stands as a riddle that we'll have to solve and integrate piece by piece. This will one day be appreciated as the most scientifically satisfying and artistically fulfilling endeavor imaginable. It can be said that only now we're beginning to glimpse what real life is about. The pain and suffering are only temporary and will remain only as a tiny scar, a memory, just as the pain of a cut to our finger we had years ago is only a memory and a painless mark.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

The pain and suffering are only temporary and will remain only as a tiny scar, a memory, just as the pain of a cut to our finger we had years ago is only a memory and a painless mark.
Yes, only a painless mark in memory. However, it is possible to separate pain and suffering, not in memory but in the now. I know this because I have directly experienced it in ritual. For me, this was micro and localized. For Christ it is an ongoing Cosmic Process.
Last edited by Lou Gold on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Cleric K wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 am Things become radically different when we follow the thread of our spiritual activity. As I've said before, the Buddhist type of meditation is not in vain. It can be used as great platform for entering higher cognition - the discipline and clarity of mind are needed. But we need to bring our focused activity into the picture. Through the process of self development we learn that the phenomena of entering and leaving within awareness are not the ground truth but are only the Imaginative perceptions of the deeds of beings. That's how the illusion of a thin and flat dream picture is ripped to shreds. We understand that behind every movement, every color, there's some kind of spiritual activity, experienced from a unique perspective. We also understand that integration of perspectives is really possible. This is what the consciousness of a higher being as the Christ is - our perspectives are integrated within his. That's how we also discover the plants, animals, planets, the Sun from their spiritual side.
I'm afraid you misunderstood my description of the non-dual state, and it indeed must be confusing to people. Briefly, in the non-dual state there is no cessation of individuated spiritual activity, on the contrary, there is a flourishing of it. Individuated experiences in the non-dual state do not integrate into the Cosmic wholeness of experiences. Here is what actually happens. Our the space of awareness is filled with active content every moment of Now, but the content is constantly changing. Similarly, the content of experience also change across the multitude of individuated fields of experience. There is no need to integrate all individuated fields into one cosmic filed and experience all individuated phenomena at once (shredding the fragmentation of the cosmic experience into individuated spaces of experience), just like there is no need to integrate all changing experiences into one unchanging. The temporal change and the individuated fragmentation is what brings dynamics and life into the reality of Consciousness, allowing the creative "Masculine" potential to unfold. At the same time, there is no fundamental separation between the individuated spaces of experience, they are all causally interconnected and all happen in one continuous cosmic space of Awareness, just like all temporary changing experiences are happening within one and the same continuous individuated space of awareness.

The dualistic state occurs when in each individuates space of awareness a sense and idea the "perceiver"/"doer"/self develops and is naively believed to be a real entity. This sense becomes the ground of the sense of separate existence and of egoic desires and drives. It creates a mental picture of the world filled with (fictitious) self-entities competing, conflicting, or otherwise loving or cooperating with each others, and unfold the drama of personalities. In addition to that, we also develop a sense of "materiality" and perceive the world as if it is made of separate material objects, and thus we become naive materialists. This further grounds us into the attachments to "material things" and to values of possession related to them. This is a complete fantasy world, but I admit it is entertaining, full of thrilling experiences, as well as of unspeakable sufferings, and perhaps is a good training/learning exercise. This is similar to children playing in their fantasy worlds pretending to be kings and knights and princesses and fairies. This is perhaps a playground for individuated fields of consciousness to evolve. But at some stages we find that we learned and matured enough and these dualistic playground experiences do not benefit us anymore, we have learned from them everything we needed and ready to move ahead to a more mature perception of the world and mode of existence that is grounded in the reality of the universe as it actually is. We do not need fantasy worlds anymore and we are mature enough to live in the reality. As a consequence, we drop our fantasies of the the material world filled with material objects and separate perceivers/doers/selves together with all the drama of it, attachments and passions associated with it, and we find that we can perfectly continue our development as individuated spiritual activities, discovering a plethora of new venues of creative activities and paths that are not impeded by our previous childish fantasy beliefs. We become mature spirits with unlimited potential of development in a variety of creative activities and venues. After all, there was nothing wrong in our learning experience of the dualistic playground, it was indeed a necessary developmental stage. Yet, it is temporary by nature, and at some point we loose our interest in this game and we will just know when it is time to move on and leave this playground behind.

But at that point, as we cease to personify and self-identify ourselves, we also drop the tendency to personify and self-identify other individuated spaces of experience (that we previously identified as "people" or "Gods"). The tendency of personification/identification drops and we simply perceive the reality as it is actually experienced: an ineffable phenomenal flow of consciousness changing and unfolding temporarily and across individuated spaces of experiences. And once we drop the fantasies and drama that veiled this actual experience, we discover the primordial beauty and freedom in the ground of being and in this direct experience. The forms that creatively unfold and that we can also volitionally create are stunningly beautiful if we experience them as they are without veiling with our mind-created interpretations and fantasies. This is where the daydreaming fantasy-life stops and the real life begins.
The short answer is that this is an attempt of the Spirit to experience the condition which we call freedom. It's the possibility to learn from experience. We really begin to appreciate this experiment of freedom once the 'vertical' integration of consciousness begins. As long as we view the Earth only as a sandbox for suffering - I agree, it's strange and illogical. But when we begin to comprehend the actual path of evolution we begin to see things differently. When we look at the starry sky we tremble in awe and wonder - we understand that it's not just a floating dream picture but everything that is now external will gradually, bit by bit become internal. Then we understand this is what we have wanted. The deeper we dive into the fragments the more fantastic and interesting our way up is. Everything that is shattered around us, matter, life, humans - everything stands as a riddle that we'll have to solve and integrate piece by piece. This will one day be appreciated as the most scientifically satisfying and artistically fulfilling endeavor imaginable. It can be said that only now we're beginning to glimpse what real life is about. The pain and suffering are only temporary and will remain only as a tiny scar, a memory, just as the pain of a cut to our finger we had years ago is only a memory and a painless mark.
Right, just as I wrote above.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

@ Cleric ... allow me a more specific line of inquiry: what do you feel might be the benefit, if any, for the 'seeker' to imagine a personified, gender-specific Godhead 'out there' somewhere, a notion I've never resonated with since having inexplicably been blown away into that state transcending any subject><object dynamic that I've poetically named emptifullness ~ the most comparable example offered by the mystic who coined the descriptor "consciousness without an object",
Franklin Merrell-Wolff, ~ such that there in no doubt left whatsoever regarding That which one is in essence.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

There is something to be said here for relatability. As abstractions get broader and deeper, which is necessary for communicating otherwise ineffable spiritual experiences, they either become an increasingly bigger burden for the intellect or its soothing cleanser. All else being equal, i.e. when some faith is required due to lack of direct experience, we should expect an intrinsic clarifying effect from those abstract concepts which are more aligned with what we already experience and know and what we can potentially experience and know. Clarifying abstractions will call forth questions out of an eagerness to go deeper into the train of thoughts, to be immersed in the power of their symbols, while non-clarifying ones will call forth questions out of sheer confusion or incredulity. Just some food for thought.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Cleric K wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 am From the standpoint of higher cognition this experience is very clearly understood. I've spoken before about this. It is achieved by specific configuration of the head and larynx soul organs. We need to balance the two lotus petals in the head but we must also suppress any spiritual activity that proceeds from the larynx organ. What we thus behold is nothing other than the inner experience of our soul/astral body. It doesn't have sharp boundaries as our physical, so it is perfectly well experienced as boundless sea of undivided and undifferentiated Awareness - this is what it really is, it's no delusion! We are experiencing the reality of the soul world. Delusions only issue when we misinterpret the experience. And this delusion is widespread today in the belief, that reality exists simply as a dream picture within Awareness. And again - this is what the immediate experience looks like! Even in this very moment, everyone of us, doesn't experience some 'outer world' but the screen of the soul/astral body as it is being modified by the etheric and physical on one side and by our spiritual activity on the other. Things become misleading only when we imagine that this astral screen is the only thing that exists - a thin, floating dream picture that Awareness somehow simply conjures up.
Let's assume that your model of the " head and larynx soul organs" is correct, but what do those organs actually do? Are they gates to the actual astral realty, so when we suspend them, we cut ourselves of from that reality and get enclosed in a seeming reality of "undifferentiated boundless Awareness", which is only the internal reality of our soul space? Or it's the other way around: they manifest/fantasize a dream-like astral reality that we mistakenly perceive as real? And how do you prove one vs the other? I found a certain way for myself to examine and distinguish real experience from a fantasy. It is similar to how we perceive the world as material, but when we closely examine our perception, we find that we actually do not perceive the "materiality" of the world directly, but we only imagine it. The "materiality" is not the direct experience, but only a meaning of an interpretative thought. Thus, by learning how to distinguish the actual phenomena of conscious experience form the contents/meanings of thoughts, we learn to distinguish the reality from mind-created fantasy word. Based on that, let me re-phrase your sentence:
Delusions only issue when we misinterpret the experience. And this delusion is widespread today in the belief, that reality exists simply as a dream picture within Awareness material world. And again - this is what the immediate experience looks like! Things become misleading only when we imagine that this astral screen material world is the only thing that exists - a thin, floating dream picture that Awareness somehow simply conjures up - a world of material objects that the material substrate somehow simply conjures up .
Here, as BK argued many times, we substitute a reality of our direct conscious experience with a mental model - a model of the "real material world", or a model of the "real astral world" in your case. And as a consequence, we claim that the reality of our direct conscious experience is only an "epiphenomenal byproduct" of that allegedly real "world out there" (whether material or astral), giving the status of "reality" to our fantasy, and then denying the status of reality of the factual ground reality of our direct conscious experience. By doing that we make ourselves live in our dream-world of imagined realities, whether material or astral, sometimes happily, sometimes not so. So what you simply do is substitute one mental fantasy model with another. However, your astral mental model possibly suits you better than material, no question about that, and perhaps offer you opportunities to evolve and spiritually develop in certain ways. Yet, the fact is: it is no more than just another mental model and dreamworld.

Now, I have no reason to deny that the astral world populated with angelic, demonic and spiritual beings exists. In fact, it is supported by large body of NDE and regression therapy accounts. The question is - does this world represent the ground reality, or is it a result of collective manifested fantasies? Now, there is nothing wrong with manifesting and fantasizing, this is what we do in art and music and this is the only way we can create. However, what makes a difference is whether we know that this is only a manifestation, only the forms of conscious experience, or whether we instead start to believe that they represent some existing realities/entities. And the latter is what we do when we take the appearance of the material world as the ground reality, as well as if we take the appearance of the astral world as the ground reality. You may still argue that the playground of the astral world might be as necessary learning experience as the playground of the (apparent) material world, and there might be plenty to learn through living as astral spiritual selves, whether as individuals, or as a collective "Christ-consciousness" community, and that might also be true. It's like "material playground" is an elementary school and the "astral playground" as a middle or high school. However, many NDE accounts also suggest that we are in fact already beings of the spiritual/astral world, simply incarnating into the "material" one to gain certain experiences and learnings, and part of our soul never leaves the spiritual realm. But at some point we become mature enough to move on and graduate from the playgrounds of both astral and material dream-realities and move on to a more mature stage, and that may happen both when we are in human form or in astral form (and as Buddhism suggests, there is a better chance of that to happen when we are in the human form). As I said, we just know when we are ready, the "awakening" to the direct experiential reality will happen to us and we can not help it. Likewise, when we are not ready, there is nothing that can be done to awaken us from the daydream-playground world, it's just not our time. And when it is time and you awaken, you know it, you see it and experience it undeniably and directly. At the same time, prior to awakening, people/souls have no idea what it is really like, and often have wild misconceptions about it, sometimes picturing it as a "cessation of conscious activity into empty void of nothingness", or "merging with cosmic consciousness", or any other fancy ideas. While those fancy experiences are indeed possible and people do experience them, they have little to do with the so-called "awakening" and they simply represent temporary mental states that come and go, just like drug trips.

After "awakening" to the non-dual reality the experience of the world does not go away, the only thing that happens is dropping the veil of our interpretation of the world, which consists of either "the world of material objects", or the "world of astral spiritual beings", or "the world of separate selves/experencers/doers", or perhaps countless other variants of the dream-worlds. It's like looking at the clouds in the sky - we watch them and may identify/recognize some animal or human figures there, so we create these mental images of animals and humans in our imagination and then believe that they represent some real animal and human entities existing "out there". we "personify" the clouds and imagine them to be some real "subjects and objects". In this way we live in a fantasy world or "real animal and human entities", while imagining our "self" to be one of them and to be the subject of the experience. And the reality of consciousness works in such a way that it adapts to our imaginations and shapes the clouds the way we want to manipulate them. But when we closely examine these perceptions, we find that they are no more than our imaginations plus our beliefs in their reality, but what is actually happening in the direct experience "as it is" is simply clouds appearing, forming into beautiful shapes, and disappearing in the boundless sky of awareness. (And if you are an idealist and do not believe that there is anything exists other than consciousness, you should be able to understand it : what those "clouds" could ever possibly be other that simply conscious experiences and ideations? What other reality can there be to them in addition to their reality as phenomena of direct conscious experience?) And once that happens, we regain our true freedom and creative potential, because we are no longer captives of our dreamworld. We can create dreamworlds, and there is nothing wrong with it, but we do not get mentally enslaved and fooled by them. Here is where we can really unleash our creative potential, but we can't even imagine what we can do until we get to that point by awakening from the daydreaming. To repeat again, there was nothing wrong in this daydreaming playground phase of our growing, it was necessary to learn some basics. But that is only a temporary stage that is meant to be left behind once we grow up and are ready to move alone.
Last edited by Eugene I on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

To repeat again, there was nothing wrong in this daydreaming playground phase of our growing, it was necessary to learn some basics. But that is only a temporary stage that is meant to be left behind once we grow up and are ready to move alone.
And/or, until we are truly prepared to move together.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Eugene I wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:30 pm I'm afraid you misunderstood my description of the non-dual state, and it indeed must be confusing to people. Briefly, in the non-dual state there is no cessation of individuated spiritual activity, on the contrary, there is a flourishing of it. Individuated experiences in the non-dual state do not integrate into the Cosmic wholeness of experiences. Here is what actually happens. Our the space of awareness is filled with active content every moment of Now, but the content is constantly changing. Similarly, the content of experience also change across the multitude of individuated fields of experience. There is no need to integrate all individuated fields into one cosmic filed and experience all individuated phenomena at once (shredding the fragmentation of the cosmic experience into individuated spaces of experience), just like there is no need to integrate all changing experiences into one unchanging. The temporal change and the individuated fragmentation is what brings dynamics and life into the reality of Consciousness, allowing the creative "Masculine" potential to unfold. At the same time, there is no fundamental separation between the individuated spaces of experience, they are all causally interconnected and all happen in one continuous cosmic space of Awareness, just like all temporary changing experiences are happening within one and the same continuous individuated space of awareness.
I see Eugene, I thought we were focused on the mystical state that's why I didn't sense your drift.

I don't think I'll be of much use here because now we are talking metaphysics, from what I see. I think that I understand well the model that you describe but honestly, I don't see how this can be verified by direct experience. To me it seems like a Kantian trap. The first bold text defines the individuated spaces of experience - which is all that we can ever know - and we specifically say that they don't integrate into some wholeness. The second bold part speaks of continuous space of Awareness. But how can we experientially verify this if we assume that the individuates spaces have no means of interpenetrating/integrating? After all, the only way to verify the continuity would be to at least temporarily experience (integrate) other individuated spaces into some larger whole, such that they can be experienced as a part of continuum. Otherwise how can we know that such continuum and other individual spaces at all exist?