Getting Real

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Getting Real

Post by Lou Gold »

Shaibei wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:57 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 am Yes, I was caught by your signature and the general association of spirituality and music. Actually, your signature reminded me of the introversion, naivety of children, etc that I hear in the music of Jacob Collier, that I see in the healing archetypal imagery of the child rising from the depths of the psyche and in the general use of music in the shamanic approach. I'll check Hans Zimmer.
How is Hans zimmer?

I haven't been able to give his music much of a listen. I'll get back to you.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:41 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 am Yes, I was caught by your signature and the general association of spirituality and music. Actually, your signature reminded me of the introversion, naivety of children, etc that I hear in the music of Jacob Collier, that I see in the healing archetypal imagery of the child rising from the depths of the psyche and in the general use of music in the shamanic approach. I'll check Hans Zimmer.
How is Hans zimmer?

"And there is no way and no escape and refuge for you, man, From all the vanity, sorrow and anguish that you see, but in ideal love. If you "look unto the earth, behold distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish, and outspread thick darkness", There is another way before you: "Turn up"."

"And a mute thought sails,
like a swift cloud on high.
Were I to ask, here below,
Amongst the gates of desolation:
Where goes
this captive of the heavens?
There is no one who can reveal to me the book,
or explain to me the chapters."
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Shaibei wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:41 pm

How is Hans zimmer?

"And there is no way and no escape and refuge for you, man, From all the vanity, sorrow and anguish that you see, but in ideal love. If you "look unto the earth, behold distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish, and outspread thick darkness", There is another way before you: "Turn up"."

And one can turn down as well, for example toward the glorious way soil fungi work or even turn in many directions to see the long story of viruses. As the Preacher says, Turn, Turn, Turn. All else is vanity.

The clip is a great score for the Hero's Journey. I prefer the playfulness of the kid.

Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:38 pm

The clip is a great score for the Hero's Journey.
Superman's story is the journey of a hero who wins a victory after a crisis, but that is not what I meant in the quote above. Looking upward requires man what is especially difficult for idealists of a certain kind, and that is to transcend himself and believe in a transcendent meaning. A meaning that is expressed in a real and symbolic way by looking at the sky and releases us, for a flitting moment, from a subjective perception.
In such a reality a person acts the good because it is good and not for the benefit it carries with it. It's a high spiritual level, which includes joy in the spiritual success of supreme righteous people, "Supermen", even if I am not one of them. Their success, however, is in some way my success too.
And in my opinion, even if not always, sometimes there is something in the perfume of the inner world of such "winners", in listening to their "music". There are psalms that open with the line "For the Leader. A Psalm of David.". In Hebrew the word "Leader" (למנצח) has the same letters as "Winner". So what essentially what David is saying is, if you want to be a winner, in the deepest meaning of the word, then this psalm is for you
Where goes
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Shaibei wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:54 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:38 pm

The clip is a great score for the Hero's Journey.
Superman's story is the journey of a hero who wins a victory after a crisis, but that is not what I meant in the quote above. Looking upward requires man what is especially difficult for idealists of a certain kind, and that is to transcend himself and believe in a transcendent meaning. A meaning that is expressed in a real and symbolic way by looking at the sky and releases us, for a flitting moment, from a subjective perception.
In such a reality a person acts the good because it is good and not for the benefit it carries with it. It's a high spiritual level, which includes joy in the spiritual success of supreme righteous people, "Supermen", even if I am not one of them. Their success, however, is in some way my success too.
And in my opinion, even if not always, sometimes there is something in the perfume of the inner world of such "winners", in listening to their "music". There are psalms that open with the line "For the Leader. A Psalm of David.". In Hebrew the word "Leader" (למנצח) has the same letters as "Winner". So what essentially what David is saying is, if you want to be a winner, in the deepest meaning of the word, then this psalm is for you
I never get the "hate stuff" in the psalm. Even when it's "hate the wicked", which is surely righteous, there seems to be something missing. Perhaps compassion or forgiveness or the acceptance expressed by unconditional love. What do you think?
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Shaibei,

Why want to be a winner?

An anthropologist invited children from an African tribe to play a game. He placed a bowl filled with sweet fruit by a tree. He addressed the children saying: “The one who gets to the tree first will be rewarded with all of the sweet fruits.” When he signaled the children to start the race, they locked their hands together and ran toward the tree. They sat down at the tree together and shared the fruit. The astonished anthropologist asked the children why they had run together when each one of them had the opportunity to have all of the fruit for themselves. The children replied “Ubuntu ”. Is it possible for one to be happy when everyone else is sad? Ubuntu means: “I exist because we exist.”

Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:49 pm Shaibei,

Why want to be a winner?

An anthropologist invited children from an African tribe to play a game. He placed a bowl filled with sweet fruit by a tree. He addressed the children saying: “The one who gets to the tree first will be rewarded with all of the sweet fruits.” When he signaled the children to start the race, they locked their hands together and ran toward the tree. They sat down at the tree together and shared the fruit. The astonished anthropologist asked the children why they had run together when each one of them had the opportunity to have all of the fruit for themselves. The children replied “Ubuntu ”. Is it possible for one to be happy when everyone else is sad? Ubuntu means: “I exist because we exist.”
Why does what you wrote here necessarily contradict what I wrote? Yes, I believe a person can lose a great deal in this world. And that the original spiritual nature inherent in him is to avoid such a loss. And as I mentioned, a true winner is sometimes one that all he can do is doing good solely because it is good and not because he has the power to do it. And that in itself is very sublime victory. I do not come with an "all or nothing" approach. On the contrary, such an approach could result in a significant loss
Where goes
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

And as for hatred, indeed the Talmud writes that one should pray that the sins and not the sinners disappear. A correct moral attitude in my eyes, is not an attitude that is all about grace. There is always judgment along with grace, when grace is the ruling side. In Kabbalah this matter is called "mercy." A moral attitude that has only compassion without judgment, ends, in my opinion, in overthrowing man himself into evil
Where goes
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Shaibei wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:54 pm Looking upward requires man what is especially difficult for idealists of a certain kind, and that is to transcend himself and believe in a transcendent meaning. A meaning that is expressed in a real and symbolic way by looking at the sky and releases us, for a flitting moment, from a subjective perception.

And in my opinion, even if not always, sometimes there is something in the perfume of the inner world of such "winners", in listening to their "music". There are psalms that open with the line "For the Leader. A Psalm of David." In Hebrew the word "Leader" (למנצח) has the same letters as "Winner". So what essentially what David is saying is, if you want to be a winner, in the deepest meaning of the word, then this psalm is for you
I would understand this better if the conditional "if" is expressed as "if you want to be a servant of G_d" then seek to attain the excellence of your destiny, to be who you are." Ubuntu expresses the deep truth of "I am connected." Similarly, righteousness can be seen as "well fit" or balanced, which is a system state more than a pinnacle of attainment. I'm not dismissing the incredible contributions of the "great ones" but pointing out that
placing a strong focus on them has a way of dismissing or ignoring or missing the value of those who don't gain the gold medal. Illogical as it sounds, the extraordinary-ordinary may be the way or, as one great attainer said, "I see God in the tree because I see the tree as a tree."
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:19 pm
Shaibei wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:54 pm Looking upward requires man what is especially difficult for idealists of a certain kind, and that is to transcend himself and believe in a transcendent meaning. A meaning that is expressed in a real and symbolic way by looking at the sky and releases us, for a flitting moment, from a subjective perception.

And in my opinion, even if not always, sometimes there is something in the perfume of the inner world of such "winners", in listening to their "music". There are psalms that open with the line "For the Leader. A Psalm of David." In Hebrew the word "Leader" (למנצח) has the same letters as "Winner". So what essentially what David is saying is, if you want to be a winner, in the deepest meaning of the word, then this psalm is for you
I would understand this better if the conditional "if" is expressed as "if you want to be a servant of G_d" then seek to attain the excellence of your destiny, to be who you are." Ubuntu expresses the deep truth of "I am connected." Similarly, righteousness can be seen as "well fit" or balanced, which is a system state more than a pinnacle of attainment. I'm not dismissing the incredible contributions of the "great ones" but pointing out that
placing a strong focus on them has a way of dismissing or ignoring or missing the value of those who don't gain the gold medal. Illogical as it sounds, the extraordinary-ordinary may be the way or, as one great attainer said, "I see God in the tree because I see the tree as a tree."
When I write "the great ones" I mean the righteous as Moses who saw the good in everyone, "the man Moses was very meek, above all the men that were upon the face of the earth". As you may have noticed I wrote that victory is not just about achieving perfection.
Where goes