The Nature of Self

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: The Nature of Self

Post by AshvinP »

SanteriSatama wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:09 am
AshvinP wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:17 am Dogmatic positioning works both ways. If one really dislikes the idea of Christ incarnate given any sort of "priority" over other spiritual leaders or traditions, then it may be that no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. Significant chunks of Barfield's essay were left out of excerpt, so maybe that will help clarify his argument more. But your initial response sounded to me like you a priori reject any claim that a process of experiencing phenomenon could go in one direction or another at any given time. If that is the objection, then obviously nothing Barfield says will be convincing.
I don't dislike the idea of Christ incarnate, or object to some other incarnations giving Christ some sort of priority from their unique perspectives. What I object to is universalist monopoly claims - vestigia terrent, and we are here to learn from experience. Most vehemently monotheistic cults of our time are the salafist interpretations of Islam. "My Christ" vs "Your Muhammed" etc. etc. as competing monopoly claims to the Throne of One Ring... we know from experience what sorts of Game of Throne follow from such monopoly claims. By it's fruits a tree is known.

I'm not denying consecutive processes, for gossake, as I'm breathing consecutively in and out. What I tried to say is that spiritually, mathematically, computationally etc. I find synchronicity of simultaneous processes in-and-out, up-and-donw, even more fascinating form and phenomenon than consecutive and linear processes.

I now realize and think that coprimes - which are primes in relation to each other - are in this time, this metamorphosis in and of Spirit, more primary than ordinary prime numbers, which are not related to each other, but only to 'one'.

If we take metamorphic progress/process genuinely seriously, there's no need to stay stuck in Barfield and the old and receding idea of "One", as the atomistic unit of addition: "Procreate and fullfill the Earth! Add your number!", Done, dear lord, overabundandtly... done and over with. What next, then, what now, how do we found and ground this new time?

Partition, my frieds! Anointing each of us in all our relations into anointed coprimes. Second (or nteeth umpteeth whatever, as you like) coming as distributed and decentralzied theosis.
I don't think anything you are saying about simultaneous processes of in-out, up-down, etc. challenge the revelation of Christ incarnate. In fact, it is through him that all such opposing processes are fulfilled - that is the symbol of the Cross, among many other symbolic images in the Gospels which convey similar meaning. The impulse imparted by Christ is only beginning to bear its true fruit in the unfolding progression of Spirit. I feel extremely grateful for that, and holding up Christ as the Sun of our evolving planetary system, is an expression of devotion and thanks. Anyway, I will be posting Part 2 to Spiritual Aesthetics essay soon, and this dynamic will be discussed more in the context of poetry. I hope to hear your thoughts on it!
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
coexistence

Re: The Nature of Self

Post by coexistence »

The self is an atom of a different nature.
It is complete in the sense that it can no longer give or accept electrons to have any physical change.
It can now understand and appreciate the reality of existence.