Idealist vision for 2050?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
SanteriSatama

Re: Idealist vision for 2050?

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:53 pm I believe this is how initiation works, it's a plunge, a baptism. And after the experience is obtained there will remain an ongoing maintenance of cleaning away the toxicities of lingo. Getting clean does not mean no more baths.
Initiations and transformations are ongoing multilevel process, wheels inside wheels, having sauna sweat, taking a swim and getting dirty. Purity is dangerous idea that leads way too easily to ideological possession by some super-ego metanarrative. Dirt is also archeology and food for all sorts of critter people. Multinaturalism means also that what is dirt to some people is palace of gold to some other people.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Santeri,

Indeed! Different baths for different folks. Privileging purity is problematic. VIVA! The shit-eaters.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:42 pm VIVA! The shit-eaters.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Shu,

One way of shining just plopped into my email. I'm sure there are many ways. Perhaps folks might post examples that shine for them.

PS: I know that you do it by posting many videos wherein you feel a shining.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:52 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:42 pm VIVA! The shit-eaters.
I often think that we are all shit-pushers. Here's a short video of a more prosaic one pushing the shit at my heart home in the Western Amazon.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:00 am One way of shining just plopped into my email. I'm sure there are many ways. Perhaps folks might post examples that shine for them.
Yes, there are more ways than the four directions. My language has own names for North-East (Koillinen), South-East (Kaakko), South-West (Louna) and North-West (Luode). Buddha heard of that and was so happy to learn a little Finnish that he spoke the Wheel of Dharma. Smart buggers, those octopusses:

SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:11 am I often think that we are all shit-pushers. Here's a short video of a more prosaic one pushing the shit at my heart home in the Western Amazon.
Beetle and ant?) nations and their dirt mounds:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopewell_ ... _hierarchy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississip ... ral_traits

Those risings were without written language, as far as we know. The permaculture anarcho-hippies that Europeans met did not come out of political vacuum. Well, Wampum is a form of writing used by the Woodland tribes, and as it seems that on Turtle Island the anarchists were more literary society than the authoritarians, It is tempting to think of parallels between Wampum and Blockchain...
David_Sundaram

Post by David_Sundaram »

Here is Seth's 'vision' of humanity's future (excerpted from Seth Speaks):

"John and the historical Christ each performed their roles and were satisfied that
they had done so. Paul alone was left at the end unsatisfied, and so it is about his
personality that the future Christ will form.

The entity of which these personalities are part, that entity which you may call the
Christ entity, was aware of these issues. The earthly personalities were not aware of
them, although in periods of trance and exaltation much was made known to them.

Paul also represented the militant nature of man, that had to be taken into
consideration in line with man's development at the time. That militant quality in man
will completely change its nature, and be dispensed with as you know it, when the next
Christ personality emerges. It is therefore appropriate that Paul be present.

In the next century, the inner nature of man, with these developments, will free itself
from many constraints that have bound it. A new era will indeed begin - not, now, a
heaven on earth, but a far more sane and just world, in which man is far more aware of
his relationship with his planet and of his freedom within time.

I would like to make certain points clear. The "new religion" following the Second
Coming will not be Christian in your terms, although the third personality of Christ will
initiate it.

This personality will refer to the historical Christ, will recognize his relationship with
that personality; but within him the three personality groupings will form a new psychic
entity, a different psychological gestalt. As this metamorphosis takes place, it will
initiate a metamorphosis on a human level also, as man's inner abilities are accepted
and developed.

The results will be a different kind of existence. Many of your problems now result
from spiritual ignorance. No man will look down upon an individual from another race
when he himself recognizes that his own existence includes such membership also.
No sex will be considered better than the other, or any role in society, when each
individual is aware of his own or her own experience at many levels of society and in
many roles. An open-ended consciousness will feel its connections with all other living
beings. The continuity of consciousness will become apparent. As a result of all this the
social and governmental structures will change, for they are based upon your current
beliefs.

Human personality will reap benefits that now would seem unbelievable. An open-ended
consciousness will imply far greater freedom. From birth, children will be taught
that basic identity is not dependent upon the body, and that time as you know it is an
illusion. The child will be aware of many of its past existences, and will be able to
identify with the old man or woman that in your terms it will become.

Many of the lessons "that come with age" will then be available to the young, but the
old will not lose the spiritual elasticity of their youth. This itself is important. But for
some time, future incarnations will still be hidden for practical reasons.

As these changes come about, new areas will be activated in the brain to physically
take care of them. Physically then, brain mappings will be possible in which past life
memories are evoked. All of these alterations are spiritual changes in which the
meaning of religion will escape organizational bounds, become a living part of individual
existence, and where psychic frameworks rather than physical ones form the
foundations for civilization.

Man's experience will be so extended that to you the species will seem to have
changed into another. This does not mean there will not be problems. It does mean that
man will have far greater resources at his command. It also presupposes a richer and
far more diverse social framework. Men and women will find themselves relating to their
brethren, not only as the people that they are, but as the people that they were.
Family relationships will show perhaps the greatest changes. There will be room for
emotional interactions within the family that are now impossible. The conscious mind
will be more aware of unconscious material.

I am including this information in this chapter on religion because it is important
that you realize that spiritual ignorance is at the basis of so many of your problems,
and that indeed your only limitations are spiritual ones.
"

Note that he emphasizes that the changes will basically be 'spiritual', not 'mental'. My own sense, extrapolating from other things that Seth said, is that 'we' (our civilization) has gone up a dead-end alley and it will be an alternate (parallel) probability/reality stream which 'manifests' what he spoke about. My best guess is that the 'Extinction Event" now happening will take 'humanity; with it ((see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_extinction).

Double :D note: this is not to say that I think all of 'us' here-now, in this 'line' of history, are totally 'screwed'. From my treatise:

"The alternative in relation to any particular challenge and/or opportunity, of course, being to ‘fail’ to do so, though, as you probably know if you are experienced enough, such ‘failure’ does not in and of itself preclude anyone from progressing in the above regard because one may often learn even more by reviewing and learning ‘lessons’ from one’s ‘failures’ than one’s ‘successes’.  Indeed, the possibility of ‘failure’, and so ‘failures’ themselves, are crucial components of a soul’s developmental process. A string of ‘successes’ alone will not result in one’s developing the degree of mental acuity and emotional resilience required to recognize, wisely navigate, and functionally emancipate oneself from being subject to the pulls and pushes of immediate selfish-gratification affording ‘temptations’ which, besides often leading one in a ‘wrong’ (short-term-gain-long-term-cost) direction, divert precious attention and energy away from the goal of maximally actualizing one’s Love and Joy potential in relation to and with other aspects of Life’s Presence and Flow Process. As in the case of a child’s learning to stand up, walk, run, etc., experiences of ‘failure’ resulting from one’s being short-sighted, careless, uncoordinated, etc. and (so) losing one’s balance, tripping and falling, bumping into walls, etc. in relation to others actually pave the way for ‘success’ in this regard.

The short version of ‘the full story’ is that, with the benefit of having both  (‘unsuccessful’ and ‘successful’) kinds of experiences, souls may incrementally become aware of the ins and outs of the multivarious kinds of  liabilities that attend ‘petty’ self ishness and (so) in due course choose as well as ultimately manage to transcend any and all selfish-‘i’dentity based inclinations, such that they eventually become fully functionally capable of and completely devoted to optimizing and augmenting The Entity of Life’s Love and Joy Flow (beyond the scope of their ‘own’ self ish one) and from  then on live in a state of ‘at oneness’ (i.e. in conjunction) with said ever‑ongoing process forever (i.e. ‘eternally’) thereafter. The alternative possibility in this ‘ultimate’ regard, of course, being that souls may completely capital ‘F’(!) Fail to do and be so.
"
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:11 pm
Those risings were without written language, as far as we know...
Same in Acre State Brazil where there are geoglyphs galore. There's debate though as to whether the locals performed the deforestation as it's a huge area with evidence only of small populations. More likely climate change played a big role in the process.

I have personally walked and participated in ceremony in the geoglyph shown in the article. It was a very memorable experience because a group of poisonous centipedes began crawling calmly over my bare feet and I camly let them do it until they departed on another adventure. Later, my companions asked if I had known that they were poisonous? I said "No." They said, "Good thing!" :D
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

David,

I can relate to Seth's vision. I have not read Gebser but what I grok intuitively of his analysis is that the 'coming' is an integration or melding of the Magical, Mythical and Mental into something new.

Learning from mistakes, indeed the necessity of error, has long been recognized as the very basis of the scientific method and 'null hypothesis'. Ideas must be possibly wrong to be scientific and, of course, most are.

I suspect that we will not jump to love/joy but first pass through great difficulties in which healing will be the perceived priority. After the healing, then the love/joy until a whole new set of challenges emerge. ;-)))