Seeing the truth is not conductive to survival

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
DandelionSoul

Re: Seeing the truth is not conductive to survival

Post by DandelionSoul »

SanteriSatama wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:31 pm Am I deluded, or are you doing there Deleuze rather masterfully? Reading so well that you internalize the method and can apply it creatively is what I call loyalty to the text. :)
Honestly, one of the reasons Deleuze appeals to me so much is that he expresses that thing my mind does. The rhizomatic schizoanalytic approach is literally just how I think, which... probably says something about me. :P
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

DandelionSoul wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:57 pmOutside of her dreams, God knows nothing because there's nothing to know, but in her dreams, every so often she realizes that she's dreaming.
Hey, if I were inclined to go with a gender specific personification of emptifullness, I might go with 'she' as well, although in keeping with Lao Tzu's aphorism 'true words seem paradoxical', I prefer to make up compound neologisms—albeit any name that can be named feels woefully inadequate. ;)
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:38 am
DandelionSoul wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:57 pmOutside of her dreams, God knows nothing because there's nothing to know, but in her dreams, every so often she realizes that she's dreaming.
Hey, if I were inclined to go with a gender specific personification of emptifullness, I might go with 'she' as well, although in keeping with Lao Tzu's aphorism 'true words seem paradoxical', I prefer to make up compound neologisms—albeit any name that can be named feels woefully inadequate. ;)
As the language freak simpleton I would be inclined to call emptifullness Spirit, as breathing empties and fills. Goddess in whom we are dreamed and feel, well, Goddess.

Functional name theology?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:02 amAs the language freak simpleton I would be inclined to call emptifullness Spirit, as breathing empties and fills ...
If Spirit spears it for you, go with that transfixation ... Relevant too is that betwixt the emptying and filling is the stillpoint that T S Elliot references in his masterpiece ... not to mention that according to the gospel of Thomas 'It is a movement and a rest.'
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:25 am
SanteriSatama wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:02 amAs the language freak simpleton I would be inclined to call emptifullness Spirit, as breathing empties and fills ...
If Spirit spears it for you, go with that transfixation ... Relevant too is that betwixt the emptying and filling is the stillpoint that T S Elliot references in his masterpiece ... not to mention that according to the gospel of Thomas 'It is a movement and a rest.'
Yes, the rests at extremes are relevant, but have you tried stillpoint in the middle, trying to guess which way breathing continues after a middle pause?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:55 pmYes, the rests at extremes are relevant, but have you tried stillpoint in the middle, trying to guess which way breathing continues after a middle pause?
Nope, can't say that I have, not being one for meditative breath attention. Does it go something like this?