Is Rovelli 'Dragooning the Human Spirit'?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Is Rovelli 'Dragooning the Human Spirit'?

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:33 pmI guess it all depends on what we mean by "refocusing". If that means snapping back to abstract intellect, then yes that just takes us back into abstractions which can never adequately capture more meaning of the spiritual reality than what was experienced in the "defocused" state. But my point is that we can "refocus" into higher modes of cognition which then captures more of the meaning of that state and that meaning can actually be communicated. For sure, that communication will take the form of living interaction with others that goes beyond simple exchange of words, especially words limited to this rather mechanical digital exchange. Although, ultimately, we are the ones responsible for imparting inner meaning to the exchanges which transcend their abstract outer forms, so I am sure we can figure out ways of using digital technology to further that aim.
Ditto all that ... I do wonder how different some of these discussions might unfold if we were face to face/hip to hip, like the Inklings meeting at The Eagle and Child, except not just all-male, and provided we didn't get completely soused :o ... And why I find someone like Vervaeke, and his wonderful wordings, so much more meaningful, and how it comes to life, when I can watch him interacting, rather than if it were just confined to some textbound format. Maybe if this forum could be zoom-ized, but the logistics of that seem improbable. But for all its limitations, hopefully this forum can be an example of what is possible, even with the challenges of maintaining its focus.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:18 pm
AshvinP wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:33 pmI guess it all depends on what we mean by "refocusing". If that means snapping back to abstract intellect, then yes that just takes us back into abstractions which can never adequately capture more meaning of the spiritual reality than what was experienced in the "defocused" state. But my point is that we can "refocus" into higher modes of cognition which then captures more of the meaning of that state and that meaning can actually be communicated. For sure, that communication will take the form of living interaction with others that goes beyond simple exchange of words, especially words limited to this rather mechanical digital exchange. Although, ultimately, we are the ones responsible for imparting inner meaning to the exchanges which transcend their abstract outer forms, so I am sure we can figure out ways of using digital technology to further that aim.
Ditto all that ... I do wonder how different some of these discussions might unfold if we were face to face/hip to hip, like the Inklings meeting at The Eagle and Child, except not just all-male, and provided we didn't get completely soused :o ... And why I find someone like Vervaeke, and his wonderful wordings, so much more meaningful, and how it comes to life, when I can watch him interacting, rather than if it were just confined to some textbound format. Maybe if this forum could be zoom-ized, but the logistics of that seem improbable. But for all its limitations, hopefully this forum can be an example of what is possible, even with the challenges of maintaining its focus.
The Zoom discussions sound pretty good to me - maybe there is a way to make that work. Perhaps once a month anyone who wants to participate can sign up, with max # of people for each session, and a specific philosophical-spiritual topic to explore. Or something like that.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Eugene I wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:04 pm I think John Vervaeke articulates the Hegel's philosophy (which is really the fundamentals of the Steiner's POF) quite well here:
I posted a response to JV's video in new essay on mythology, because I think it fits in very well with that topic, as well as what we had been discussing about the shared spiritual reality and its expression in the physical realm and the imaginal realm.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
coexistence

Post by coexistence »

The 21st Century has given us the philosophy of coexistence which solves all the hard problem and the soft problem.
That has helped me be resolved and given a path for resolution to any human being.
The understanding potential of the human being is more than language and that direct experience is possible by every human being.

Coexistence is the being of both the reason for being as well as the activity of being.
The Scientific fraternity #science #research is talking about the reason and has been trying to keep asking why till they hit a black wall. Once we reach a point we should use science to study what and how instead of why.
You will reach coexistence.
The spiritual community #religion #philosophy has been trying to locate a Doer or someone who can be fixed with the onus of being responsible for my being or the earth's being and that became absurd and divided human beings to fight within themselves instead of being in order and harmony.

To find resolution and be resolved just understand coexistence :)

Would love to see if there are any people who want to explore with an open mind or stick to what they believe in and debate anything that is contrary to their belief system :)