Essay: Symphony of Minds

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Essay: Symphony of Minds

Post by Lou Gold »

Cleric K wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:55 pm
lorenzop wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:09 pm I can’t speak for Eugene, but if this were a forum re politics or cycling I would not bring up the separate self.
I falsely presumed the separate self and our true nature was an issue of this forum.
I admit I am a drag here, wasting folks time in advancing the discussion folks want to move in, so I will step aside. It’s pretty obvious I’m not going to ‘get’ what you and Ashwin are suggesting, and Anthrosophy wouldn’t likely fall into my belief scope anyways, so I will step aside.
Sure, Lorenzo, you can always take a break.
But maybe just take the following, next time you meditate.

When we see our thoughts as caused by something else, our thoughts are Karma. They follow us like something that we want to evade, just like destiny follows people and they try to evade it. The only way to resolve that Karma is by experiencing a thought that no longer points away but right back towards the uncaused creative activity of the "I".
When you reach the edge of Time in your meditation, when you are at the horizon where the manifest comes out of nothing, you can hear through you - "Let there be Light" and then the essential and unbounded Being that dreams in your perspective becomes a creative Being that can no longer blame on something else its Ray of Love, that fills and illuminates the inner Cosmos. This doesn't mean that our speck of an Earthly ego becomes equal to that Being. Yet the Dreamer that creates Worlds begins to awaken within our perspective to its creative uncaused inner activity.
Cleric,

I can't help observing your useful dialogue with Lorenzo. I like the way this communicates the challenge:

When we see our thoughts as caused by something else, our thoughts are Karma. They follow us like something that we want to evade, just like destiny follows people and they try to evade it. The only way to resolve that Karma is by experiencing a thought that no longer points away but right back towards the uncaused creative activity of the "I".

YES! If I believe 'thinking' or 'not thinking' is an irritating problem in another, it flags something unresolved in myself. Karma does seem to work this way. I suspect that most partially aware folks are working on this. Personally, I've found it to be a good work. I like the way you've expressed it.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love