Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:10 pmIs it possible that there is another kind of darkness or blackness, which exists and is neither an empty void or a shadow-type blockage or absence of light?
Oh that dazzling darkness ... this may be where where BK's reference to ontological 'vertigo' comes into play. ;)
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 pm
Cleric wrote: Here's an interesting observation: from the point of view of the physical Sun shadows don't exists - every planet, moon, asteroid is in 'full' phase.
Of course, the analogy of a central pov of the sun is not ultimate, if taking into account that it too is orbiting around the centre of the galaxy, apparently at 230km/sec. So out of curiosity, in your cosmology, what does the supposed supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy symbolically represent? Also, one wonders what the galaxy may be revolving around? :?
I don't know who wrote the above but it's not me :D

PS: I suppose Shu using moderator super powers hit the Edit button instead of Quote :D
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

@ Cleric ... I don't know what's going on, but we seem to have lost an entire section of this thread, and my comment is showing up as your comment. So I can't now reference who actually wrote what. Or perhaps I'm conflating different threads. In any case, at some point someone mentioned that from the pov of the sun, all planets, moons, asteroids etc, would be in full phase, with no shadow effects. Nevertheless, my question remains, in your cosmology, what might the supposed supermassive blackhole at the centre of the galaxy, which the sun revolves around, symbolically represent?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 pm
Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 pm
Cleric wrote: Here's an interesting observation: from the point of view of the physical Sun shadows don't exists - every planet, moon, asteroid is in 'full' phase.
Of course, the analogy of a central pov of the sun is not ultimate, if taking into account that it too is orbiting around the centre of the galaxy, apparently at 230km/sec. So out of curiosity, in your cosmology, what does the supposed supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy symbolically represent? Also, one wonders what the galaxy may be revolving around? :?
I don't know who wrote the above but it's not me :D

PS: I suppose Shu using moderator super powers hit the Edit button instead of Quote :D
:lol: yea I was wondering where your reply went...

But I remember what you wrote in response to my question and it makes great sense, thanks! It seems the 'quaternity' would be a lower manifestation of the Trinity.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Sorry to anyone who may have lost comments due to some technical, trickster-like glitch in the system, but I don't seem to be able to now retrieve them.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

The glitch is sure interesting but who knows.

Earlier on I wanted to raise the question of a central Sun.

Might there by a pure potential without light that precedes it?
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 pm Of course, the analogy of a central pov of the sun is not ultimate, if taking into account that it too is orbiting around the centre of the galaxy, apparently at 230km/sec. So out of curiosity, in your cosmology, what does the supposed supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy symbolically represent? Also, one wonders what the galaxy may be revolving around? :?
These are very interesting questions.
In our Earthly state, besides our ordinary consciousness, we have three more distinguishable forms of higher consciousness that we can glimpse at. They will be our 'normal' consciousness (as our intellectual one is today) only in the far future but nevertheless, we can experience something of them even today and that's how we gain understanding about the inner structure of reality.

The highest of these three stages allows us to experience the whole Solar system (I know this sounds outrageous if heard for the first time but actually everything is very reasonable when approached gradually). I can't go into details but the point is that currently we can't access a higher stage of consciousness that leads beyond the Solar system and reveals something for example about the center of the Galaxy. Why is that? Because at the 'upper' boundary of this third stage of consciousness time ceases to exist. In certain sense time evolution begins with the space-time bubble of the Solar system being born and will end when our evolution reaches its goal. This can lead too far but just to give some feel of perspective, as the space-time bubble is born we are not speaking of some moment t=0 and the clocks starts to tick in our familiar time frame. It actually contains all possible time evolutions within itself. Further evolution actually looks like gradual filtering out of the possibilities in fractal-like manner, and beings find themselves more and more within expanded time, slowly crawling through time arcs that at the beginning were simply one of infinite possible Cosmic Ideas within the bubble.

Now clearly there's some 'structure' even outside this time-space bubble - we can see the physical galaxies so it makes sense that these bubbles emerge from an even grater hierarchy of beings. But what could the experience of these beings be 'like', is simply impossible to tell from our standpoint. Everything we are able to conceive is rooted in experience of time. I don't know how to conceive be-ing without time.

Probably in the next planetary development, when the next higher stage of consciousness becomes our normal state, we'll gain access to another stage that is higher than the currently highest. This would mean that it will exist in the domain of no-time. Maybe then we'll be able to know something about the spiritual structure above the Solar system. This is pure speculation. In our current stage it seems impossible to form any conception of existence without time. That's why at the upper edge of the third higher stage of consciousness, all cognition breaks down. The experience is very similar to the way physicists describe the approaching of a black hole as if time slows down and stretches into eternity and you actually never reach the event horizon. At least I can't penetrate beyond that. If someone was successful in this I would be more than happy to learn about it.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:33 pm Might there by a pure potential without light that precedes it?
Yes there is. The Sun is not the highest being. But we can only go higher if we pass through the Sun.
John 14:6 No one comes to the Father except through me.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

@ Cleric ... Intriguing response, with much to ponder.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

PS: Just to clarify that when I speak about space-time bubble emerging, we shouldn't imagine space and matter bubble. It's a bubble of Cosmic Consciousness that creates the time arena of potential that is shaped by other beings and so on. Everything here is experienced from first-person 'inner' perspectives. Actually the external picture of the Cosmos that we behold with our senses is only the most recent development. And of course we shouldn't forget that this external picture is only that - a picture within 'inner' experience, it's actually Maya. This picture is actually quite unique experience for humans only - higher beings neither see the Cosmos externally, nor need to do so. The Spiritual experience of the Cosmos gives much more complete picture of it. The sensory picture is like Cosmic Consciousness turned inside-out and arguably, only very little precipitates in this was, just the mineral shadow. Humans wouldn't need to perceive this external picture either but we got entangled with it in the fall.