Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:22 pm PS: From a soul perspective, I came here not to go higher but to get grounded.
C'mon Lou ... The Pleiadian collective of Light Beings has an office waiting with your name on it ... Loucifer: Bringer of Golden Light :lol:
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:22 pm PS: From a soul perspective, I came here not to go higher but to get grounded.
C'mon Lou ... The Pleiadian collective of Light Beings has an office waiting with your name on it ... Loucifer: Bringer of Golden Light :lol:
Well, yeah, the perennial propelling paradox is "location, location, location amidst non-local consciousness" or "wherever you go, here you are." :lol:
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

I'm not projecting anything on you, Lou. I'm not trying to demean your experiences in any way.
It's just a question of what do you think these beings have to do with humanity. Do we simply meet at the borderline between the "floors" of the Cosmic Structure? Or the worlds interpenetrate and whatever happens in the Astral (and higher worlds) directly impacts humanity?
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 pm Loucifer
:D
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Cleric ... For the record, having apparently been visited by such Light Beings as a child, with a wordless message of assurance that they are one's destiny, and despite any appearances to the contrary all was unfolding as it should, I'm really not very skeptical at all.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 pm Cleric ... For the record, having apparently being visited by such Light Beings as a child, with a wordless message of assurance that they are one's destiny, and despite any appearances to the contrary all was unfolding as it should, I'm really not very skeptical at all.
I'm not skeptical at all either :) Actually it's the only logical thing.

I'm only skeptical when it's expected that this destiny can be approached without any work on one's part :)
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:19 pmI'm not skeptical at all either :) Actually it's the only logical thing.

I'm only skeptical when it's expected that this destiny can be approached without any work on one's part :)

One take is that when one is ripe for the work, then one is irresistibly compelled to undertake the work, not really able to preclude it, and thus it unfolds as it should.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:35 pm I'm not projecting anything on you, Lou. I'm not trying to demean your experiences in any way.
It's just a question of what do you think these beings have to do with humanity. Do we simply meet at the borderline between the "floors" of the Cosmic Structure? Or the worlds interpenetrate and whatever happens in the Astral (and higher worlds) directly impacts humanity?
Oh, not to worry, I do not feel that my experiences are being demeaned. I do wonder if they are being missed or mistaken? Yes, interbeing and inter-connection and Mitakuye Oyasin are true wherever one is journeying in The Great Mysteriousness. And perception is conditioned in-context, which is another name for location.

I am challenging an hierarchical model that tends to obscure that good intentions may cause bad effects more than promote actual progress. "What about other beings?" is actually emerging as a non-crazy intellectual and seriously scientific question on the material plane. And network models seem to be replacing hierarchical ones. Where does this lead and what does it have to do with humanity are surely the critical emergent questions and I certainly don't have the answers.

For a fine discussion about our moving into a planetary era of great need combined with great uncertainty, I recommend this discussion between Ezra Klein and Elizabeth Kolbert. It seems pretty clear to me that we will not solve our problems with the thinking that got us into them. I believe that events will compel actions and the results will be rationalized as progress in the minds of the survivors, be they embodied or not.
Last edited by Lou Gold on Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:51 pm
Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:19 pmI'm not skeptical at all either :) Actually it's the only logical thing.

One take is that when one is ripe for the work, then one is irresistibly compelled to undertake the work, not really able to preclude it, and thus it unfolds as it should.
Yup! It's all about showing up and making a work-party. Thoughts are the oars used to row the boat. They work best in unison. Music and song help.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:51 pm One take is that when one is ripe for the work, then one is irresistibly compelled to undertake the work, not really able to preclude it, and thus it unfolds as it should.
Yes. Yet it's worth mentioning that this unfoldment does not happen effortlessly. In fact, it is always connected with suffering and great temptations. This is especially true for beings that have important tasks for furthering the evolution of all humanity. Not one has ever been spared. The archetypal form of these events can be seen in Mathew 4, etc.
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:11 pm I am challenging an hierarchical model that tends to obscure that good intentions may cause bad effects more than promote actual progress.
With the risk of accusing me that I'm going back in a circle … :) But I must say that hierarchy of Beings has nothing to do with hierarchy of human beings where one happens to be the boss.

We can't speak at all about these things without the notion of higher stages of consciousness (sorry). Let me put it in this greatly simplified way:
From the perspective of certain Macrocosmic Beings, the Solar system is as if the contents of their consciousness. Here we shouldn't think simply of the physical picture of the Solar system but of the totality of spiritual life in this sphere. In certain sense these beings sacrifice the "substance" of their consciousness so that it can become the arena of other beings. If they didn't do that, all their experience would be perfect reflection of their spiritual activity and there would be no room for other beings that can have their own will. But these beings sacrifice their will, they let it go, so that other beings may have it and experience relative freedom.
Other beings, of lesser grade than the first, take on the spiritual substance and imprint their own activity within it. In this act they experience their own life but at the same time they also create the forms which can reflect self-consciousness for even lower stages of being.
Man is one such being that has been shaped by a whole hierarchy of beings, so that we can experience our consciousness in this fragmented realm. All our environment is being supported by the Beings while we experience our self-consciousness in the dim reflections within the nervous system.

So there's a general trend. The highest spirits create the worlds out of themselves, other, lower spirits shape beings, vessels for consciousness within these worlds, even lesser spirits stimulate the life within these vessels, and we are in a position, where we can sit in the seat of such a vessel and experience everything that has been thus prepared. The mineralization of the living Cosmos is but only the most recent step in this process.

So here hierarchy has nothing to do with arbitrary struggle for dominance between peers. The Cosmic Hierarchy is natural. A human being can't rebel against the higher Beings, simply because even if they say "Ok, ok.. here, come and take our place", man can't do anything. He can't take their place in the same sense that he can't take the place of the Sun. One day we'll become a Star with Solar consciousness but we have much way to go.

It's interesting to note that as we go up the Hierarchy of Beings, they not only encompass within their consciousness all that's below them but what we call time also changes. For example, it can be said that for certain beings, the moment now actually encompasses a whole epoch of human evolution. They perceive all the events and causes as spread out within their consciousness. As we go in more and more restricted forms of consciousness, not only that the perspective narrows to become more and more personal but also the time aperture narrows - what from high perspective exists simultaneously, is experienced in something akin to a sequential growth process. In the most general sense, this process leads the personal experience through greater and greater integration, towards stages of consciousness that encompass time as a wholeness.

I know that all above sounds outlandish but let it stand as a fairy tale. Nevertheless, it allows us to conceive of Spiritual Hierarchies that have nothing to do with random pyramidal arrangement of peers, where the one at the top might not at all deserve to be there. These beings are not in their positions because they have bribed someone to get a higher position for higher salary but because from the specific stage of consciousness they are in position to create the spiritual environment where lesser beings can experience evolution in time. One being can't take the place of a higher just as a planet can't take the place of the Sun.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Cleric ... Yes this all feels in keeping with the wordless message to the awestruck child, that the overseer Light Beings, like guiding Angels, are playing their integral, patient, ever-present part in everyOne's transfiguation...