Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Cleric K

Re: Essay: Man, Know Thyself

Post by Cleric K »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:30 pm Again. Cleric, this is your projection. Actually-factually, and as I hope might be revealed by my poem, I am quite optimistic that "not knowing" and "childlike curiosity at the wonder of it all" is precisely the way to go and I enthusiastically find myself more and more devoted to The Great Mysteriousness.
Well, I was just referring to:
we will more likely work for our future out of not knowing and leave it to the survivors to rationalize the knowing
That sounded quite dismissive of the possibility that we can awaken to deeper knowledge and act out of knowing :)
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:35 pm As I gaze out the window this morning at yet another 25 cm of snow covering the dreamscape, I do feel somewhat blessed that some human alter felt inspired to re-engineer Mind's primal ideation into a snowplow so I can get to the store
Alters look after each other :)
Lou Gold wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:50 pm Several years ago, as my 80th birthday was approaching, I sensed that I still had another good project in me. Sitting at the ceremonial table during a Santo Daime session, I asked, "What's my mission now?" The inner voice instantly responded, "To be a happy person!" I find it a delightful ongoing work.
As long as your happiness is contagious to other people - I find this mission worthy :)
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm Shu,

At least you have electricity. Imagine the millions down south who don't.
Indeed, thanks to the human alters who felt inspired to relocate the energy delivery infrastructure underground ~ albeit that isn't a guarantee against the system shutting down, and why I still keep lots of candles handy ... but I digress ;)
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Lou, out of curiosity: how do you ship Daime through a Zoom session? :)
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

As long as your happiness is contagious to other people - I find this mission worthy :)
Are you placing conditions on love? How others see me, as you often reveal, is quite up to them. All I can do is share the performance.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Cleric K wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:05 pm Lou, out of curiosity: how do you ship Daime through a Zoom session? :)

That takes a bit of imagination, doesn't it?
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:12 pm All I can do is share the performance.
Yes, that was my point.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Cleric K wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:05 pm Lou, out of curiosity: how do you ship Daime through a Zoom session? :)
Well, now I'm curious as to what Lou makes of this ... Ayahuasca in Hawaii? Celebrate Hawaii's Shamanic Plants

" 'Ayahuasca' is the term used to describe a home-brewed tea made from 2 or more psychoactive plants that grow in the Amazon rain forest of South America. Hawaii and the Pacific Islands, however, have their own set of indigenous entheogens (psychotropic plants that induce a spiritual experience aimed at, literally, "becoming one with God"). The Master Teaching Plants we work with on the Big Island of Hawaii are comparable to South American ayahuasca and have been used for thousands of years in sacred rituals, healing practices, and spiritual ceremonies in the Pacific islands."
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

What the hell, now that we've drifted into psychedelia, seems as good a place as any to share this ...

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm
Well, now I'm curious as to what Lou makes of this ... Ayahuasca in Hawaii? Celebrate Hawaii's Shamanic Plants

" 'Ayahuasca' is the term used to describe a home-brewed tea made from 2 or more psychoactive plants that grow in the Amazon rain forest of South America. Hawaii and the Pacific Islands, however, have their own set of indigenous entheogens (psychotropic plants that induce a spiritual experience aimed at, literally, "becoming one with God"). The Master Teaching Plants we work with on the Big Island of Hawaii are comparable to South American ayahuasca and have been used for thousands of years in sacred rituals, healing practices, and spiritual ceremonies in the Pacific islands."
Sorry, but I don't know anything about these folks.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Sorry, but I don't know anything about these folks.

Never come across this guy on your morning stroll to the seashore?