How Many 'Alters' Per 'Organism'?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: How Many 'Alters' Per 'Organism'?

Post by Lou Gold »

AshvinP wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 pm
Justin wrote:BK, as far as I can see, assumes there is one alter per organism (in contrast to someone like Nietzsche for whom the body 'is a social structure composed of many souls')
I don't believe that is an assumption BK makes. Specifically, in reference to Chapter 2 of his new book on Jung, who was very much in the Nietzschean metaphysical tradition, BK outlines how the human 'organism' could be thought of as an ego-consciousness surrounded by 'islands' of 'luminosities' i.e. volitional sub-personalities who are not directly accessible to the ego but 'impinge' on it and can be inferred through their effects, i.e. dreams, visions, neuroses, etc. And, in a recent interview, BK stated that he does not disagree with Jung about anything.
I'm told there are about 40 trillion cells ( 'islands' of 'luminosities') in my body.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
SanteriSatama

Re: How Many 'Alters' Per 'Organism'?

Post by SanteriSatama »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pm As we move away from the Singularity it can be said that the time delay between acts and perceived effects increases. This gives the the possibility for much more complex experiences because what the beings do, has effect with different amounts of 'delay' and as a result we have superimposed effects of different origins (as a very crude analogy imagine loop based musical performance).

In the art of looping, also this is a very special 'first':