The Oneness of Our Food System

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: The Oneness of Our Food System

Post by AshvinP »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:40 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:05 pm
AshvinP wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:52 pm
I am just defending what is indisputably true about small children - they are magical but almost completely helpless and will develop all kinds of psycho-spiritual complexes if they do not break from their parents and become independent in the world. There will definitely be sacrifices involved and "adversarial conditions" during that process... that is called life and is unavoidable. Give JC 5-10 more years and he will be singing a different tune in that regard, especially if he decides to settle down with wife, kids, etc. He will be making plans to move forward in life just like everyone else.

And yet his own mother avoided the dreary view you present. JC knows it and honors the debt. Musically, he was never disciplined to practice, just encouraged to play and when tired told, "Time To Rest Your Weary Head." Gradually and naturally, JC comes to realize that the Holy Mother is all around him and that he can receive Her blessing in stillness as well as in creativity. He naturally and instinctively groks, the other JC saying, "Tell them that I am movement and that I am rest."
BTW, in my early days here I asked Daime what was going on at the forum. The instant answer was, "No Mother!"

And, it seems notable that our musical JC was raised either in the absence or silence of his father who is never mentioned. There is a similarity in the Archetypal story.
Well I prefer JP's whine to JC's shine when it comes to serious metaphysical discussion, and the former points out that 3 personality traits are deeply related to stability while 2 are related to exploration. The two related to exploration are openness (creativity) and extraversion. The three related to stability are neuroticism (negative emotion), agreeableness (compassion) and conscientiousness (discipline, orderly, etc.). The last two form the basis for what we call "virtues". Both are necessary to be employed with infants and small children. Conscientiousness usually comes off as being "cold" and "harsh", i.e. you need to take this medicine even if tastes bad or my bluntness hurts your feelings, because if you don't take it you may die. That is what I am relating to our individual and collective psycho-spiritual need to grow up and become independent. And there is a clock on it - we can't remain 'on the fence' forever.

"So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth." -The Real JC (Revelation 3:15)
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Lou Gold

Re: The Oneness of Our Food System

Post by Lou Gold »

AshvinP wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:16 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:40 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:05 pm

And yet his own mother avoided the dreary view you present. JC knows it and honors the debt. Musically, he was never disciplined to practice, just encouraged to play and when tired told, "Time To Rest Your Weary Head." Gradually and naturally, JC comes to realize that the Holy Mother is all around him and that he can receive Her blessing in stillness as well as in creativity. He naturally and instinctively groks, the other JC saying, "Tell them that I am movement and that I am rest."
BTW, in my early days here I asked Daime what was going on at the forum. The instant answer was, "No Mother!"

And, it seems notable that our musical JC was raised either in the absence or silence of his father who is never mentioned. There is a similarity in the Archetypal story.
Well I prefer JP's whine to JC's shine when it comes to serious metaphysical discussion, and the former points out that 3 personality traits are deeply related to stability while 2 are related to exploration. The two related to exploration are openness (creativity) and extraversion. The three related to stability are neuroticism (negative emotion), agreeableness (compassion) and conscientiousness (discipline, orderly, etc.). The last two form the basis for what we call "virtues". Both are necessary to be employed with infants and small children. Conscientiousness usually comes off as being "cold" and "harsh", i.e. you need to take this medicine even if tastes bad or my bluntness hurts your feelings, because if you don't take it you may die. That is what I am relating to our individual and collective psycho-spiritual need to grow up and become independent. And there is a clock on it - we can't remain 'on the fence' forever.

"So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth." -The Real JC (Revelation 3:15)
May you find a peaceful happy camp in your story.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love