Rupert Spira "The Ashes of Love"

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Eugene I

Rupert Spira "The Ashes of Love"

Post by Eugene I »

Immensely enjoying the Rupert Spira's recent book "The Ashes of Love".
Experience is one seamless, unnamable, intimate whole. It is thought alone that divides this intimacy into an apparent multiplicity and diversity of objects and selves, thereby imagining a "me" and a "not me".

Be knowingly the open, empty, luminous space of Awareness - open, because it allows all appearances of the mind, body and world just as they are; empty because it has no form of its own, but allows all forms within it; and luminous because it is that which illuminates or makes knowable all experience.

When feeling is divested of the feeler and the felt, it shines as love; when perceiving is divested of the perceiver and the perceived, it shines as beauty.

All that is know is the knowing of experience, and we are that Knowing.

Happiness is the absence of resistance to what is. It is the highest spiritual practice. However, it is not the practice that can be undertaken by a person; it is the ever-present nature of our Self, Awareness.

Just as a screen is never truly obscured, let alone harmed, by any image, although it is one with all images, so our essential nature of pure Awareness is never veiled or hurt by any appearance of the body, mind or world, although it is intimately one with all such appearances.

We normally think that to be a separate self is natural and effortless, and that to be the open, empty presence of Awareness require effort. In fact, it is the other way around: to be open, empty presence of Awareness is natural and effortless, but to be a separate self requires a continuous and subtle effort of thinking and feeling.

Just as stream, water and ice are all modulations of one substance, so the mind, body and world are all modulations of one being - the ever-present light of pure Knowing.

I - luminous, open, empty Awareness - am the truth of your Being. I am eternally with you, in you, as you, shining quietly at the heart of all experience. Just turn towards Me, and acknowledge Me, and I will take you into Myself.

When the seeking and resisting that characterize the apparently separate self come to an end, our essential nature of peace and happiness shines as it truly is.

Thought gives experience its name, the senses give its form, but the light of pure Knowing gives it its reality.

Awareness looks on all things and people alike, just as the sun shines on all objects equally.

Awareness lives in eternity but dances in time.

Our Self, Awareness, is like an open, empty, allowing space. As such, we resist nothin, hold nothing, seek nothing. Thus, happiness is our essential nature.

Just as a character in a movie seems to travel the world but never actually leaves the screen, so thought seems to travel into a past or future but never actually leaves the Now.

With your mind, know ten thousand things; with your heart, feel only one Reality.

The radical cure for suffering is to see that, like empty space, our essential nature of pure Awareness does not know resistance, and thus des not know suffering.

Know yourself as seeing, not the seer, and you will find yourself everywhere.

The separate, inside self is like a middleman, dividing our essential Being of ever-present, unlimited Awareness from all experience. This division places us in a relationship of conflict, always seeking to hold onto, resist or change the current situation, never letting it be the one thing it always is - just what it is. Without the middleman, the relationship between our Self and all experience is one of natural, effortless intimacy. This intimacy is the experience of love in relation to people and animals, happiness in relation to situations, and beauty in relation to objects.

To be present in and as that is seen as to participate in life, not as a fragment amongst other fragments, but as Love, intimately one with all seeming objects and selves.
Last edited by Eugene I on Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Eugene I

Re: Rupert Spira "The Ashes of Love"

Post by Eugene I »

Now with homeless eyes
I see it...
blossoming spring
(Issa)
Peter Jones

Post by Peter Jones »

Agreed. He's a fabulous teacher.
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

must be out of print - selling on Amazon now for about $800
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

lorenzop wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:41 am must be out of print - selling on Amazon now for about $800
There are used ones starting from $75
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

This bit of Spiraverse is offered free, and perchance sums it up poetically ...
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.