Getting Real

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
SanteriSatama

Re: Getting Real

Post by SanteriSatama »

Shaibei wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm Here is an article on (mainly) Kabbalah and shamanism. I'm not one to connect with New Age spirituality, but whatever, it's written nicely
https://www.awakeninthedream.com/articl ... kable-idea
The article didn't look very "New Age", in the fluffy superficial sense of the expression. Discussion of wetiko and kelipot came from deep insight. The latter connects naturally with shards of Sampo in our mythology. The shards of the broken Sampo give many blessings, but the whole is broken.
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

SanteriSatama wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:53 pm
Shaibei wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm Here is an article on (mainly) Kabbalah and shamanism. I'm not one to connect with New Age spirituality, but whatever, it's written nicely
The article didn't look very "New Age", in the fluffy superficial sense of the expression. Discussion of wetiko and kelipot came from deep insight. The latter connects naturally with shards of Sampo in our mythology. The shards of the broken Sampo give many blessings, but the whole is broken.
Yes, this is an interesting article. My feeling is that the article is Paul's response after being exposed to Sanford Drob's work.

(And by the way, if anyone in Essentia is reading this, if you have any desire in the future to interview a researcher on Kabbalah I would recommend Sanford. He has a PhD in philosophy and psychology and is also non-religious, so it will probably suit you better.)
"And a mute thought sails,
like a swift cloud on high.
Were I to ask, here below,
Amongst the gates of desolation:
Where goes
this captive of the heavens?
There is no one who can reveal to me the book,
or explain to me the chapters."
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Shaibei wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:15 pm

I feel the old Jewish tradition in my ancestral lineage and in certain 'seeds' planted in me in a secular way by my childhood culture.
Interesting. Although not surprising. How far is the lineage?
Here is an article on (mainly) Kabbalah and shamanism. I'm not one to connect with New Age spirituality, but whatever, it's written nicely
A bow of deep gratitude to you for the Paul Levy piece, which has been marvelous for me to contemplate and given me insight into my intuition, my logic and my direct experience. My intuitive summation, in dynamic process at this moment, says, "No manifestation without an Evil Twin whose Dazzling Darkness drives more Revelation of Light for the One and the Many. "I am That I am and will be what will be."
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:03 pm
Shaibei wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:15 pm

I feel the old Jewish tradition in my ancestral lineage and in certain 'seeds' planted in me in a secular way by my childhood culture.
Interesting. Although not surprising. How far is the lineage?
Here is an article on (mainly) Kabbalah and shamanism. I'm not one to connect with New Age spirituality, but whatever, it's written nicely
A bow of deep gratitude to you for the Paul Levy piece, which has been marvelous for me to contemplate and given me insight into my intuition, my logic and my direct experience. My intuitive summation, in dynamic process at this moment, says, "No manifestation without an Evil Twin whose Dazzling Darkness drives more Revelation of Light for the One and the Many. "I am That I am and will be what will be."
Happy it inspired you. If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there; if I make my bed in the nether-world, behold, Thou art there.
Where goes
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

I like this image:

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

BTW, Shaibei, what is the most fundamental music that you like to contemplate/meditate/chant?
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:13 am BTW, Shaibei, what is the most fundamental music that you like to contemplate/meditate/chant?
From your question I am portrayed as a spiritual person but unfortunately I would not define myself as such. I do try
to express in my signature what I have learned from my experience, that is, many times it is not about the "what" rather about the "how".
And this "how" which is a subjective experience can be conveyed, at least in part, through poetry and music.
So in the rare times when I am free to study Hasidism / Kabbalah I connect mainly to thinkers whose inner world is
heard through poetry, perhaps pathos. I find it healthy to read in the writings of those whose inner world is greater than that which is extroverted,
which has the naivety of children, a belief in the victory of good over evil, in the redemption of the world, in the righteous,
"meta-humans" who redeem souls from hell. I usually find it appropriate to peruse these texts
while listening to the soundtracks of movies. I like Hans Zimmer, for example.
Where goes
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Yes, I was caught by your signature and the general association of spirituality and music. Actually, your signature reminded me of the introversion, naivety of children, etc that I hear in the music of Jacob Collier, that I see in the healing archetypal imagery of the child rising from the depths of the psyche and in the general use of music in the shamanic approach. I'll check Hans Zimmer.
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 am Yes, I was caught by your signature and the general association of spirituality and music. Actually, your signature reminded me of the introversion, naivety of children, etc that I hear in the music of Jacob Collier, that I see in the healing archetypal imagery of the child rising from the depths of the psyche and in the general use of music in the shamanic approach. I'll check Hans Zimmer.

Thanks for the recommendation :)
Where goes
Shaibei

Post by Shaibei »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 am Yes, I was caught by your signature and the general association of spirituality and music. Actually, your signature reminded me of the introversion, naivety of children, etc that I hear in the music of Jacob Collier, that I see in the healing archetypal imagery of the child rising from the depths of the psyche and in the general use of music in the shamanic approach. I'll check Hans Zimmer.
How is Hans zimmer?
Where goes