Soul Initiation/metamorphosis

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Soul Initiation/metamorphosis

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

This discussion from NTA gets into some Jung-inspired ideas about how our soul initiation process, on a collective level, has become stuck in arrested development, seeming an interesting counterpoint to much of the recent discussion herein on the idea of soul ascension into a transfigured psychic stage, assisted by entities of the empyrean domain, as put forth by Cleric ~ all the while relying evocatively on the metaphor of metamorphosis ... Feedback?

Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Re: Soul Initiation/metamorphosis

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:25 pm This discussion from NTA gets into some Jung-inspired ideas about how our soul initiation process, on a collective level, has become stuck in arrested development, seeming an interesting counterpoint to much of the recent discussion herein on the idea of soul ascension into a transfigured psychic stage, assisted by entities of the empyrean domain, as put forth by Cleric ~ all the while relying evocatively on the metaphor of metamorphosis ...
My first thought is that the very existence of this discussion is evidence of what Cleric is putting forth. We are coming to know, or to have the capacity to know, how soul initiation and spiritual ascent is possible and available to all who seek. And it will only become more and more evident to those who pay attention moving forward. Yet ultimately it is our responsibility to choose whether we will seriously participate or not.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
AshvinP

Re: Soul Initiation/metamorphosis

Post by AshvinP »

AshvinP wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:51 pm
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:25 pm This discussion from NTA gets into some Jung-inspired ideas about how our soul initiation process, on a collective level, has become stuck in arrested development, seeming an interesting counterpoint to much of the recent discussion herein on the idea of soul ascension into a transfigured psychic stage, assisted by entities of the empyrean domain, as put forth by Cleric ~ all the while relying evocatively on the metaphor of metamorphosis ...
My first thought is that the very existence of this discussion is evidence of what Cleric is putting forth. We are coming to know, or to have the capacity to know, how soul initiation and spiritual ascent is possible and available to all who seek. And it will only become more and more evident to those who pay attention moving forward. Yet ultimately it is our responsibility to choose whether we will seriously participate or not.
My second thought is related to what I mentioned briefly on the other thread - Jung focuses on digging through the depths of the Soul while Steiner focuses on ascending through the possibilities of the Spirit. Which is not to say those are mutually exclusive, or that either one does not recognize the importance of the other, but only that the former (Jung) does seem to skew towards a certain pessimism about our existential situation. Or at least it is highly skeptical of anyone who seems too optimistic about that situation. A union of Jung-Steiner in this regard seems a very promising approach to me.

FYI I am working on a paper and taking breaks to comment so I haven't actually watched the video yet, but just writing my initial thoughts before they disappear.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"