INSANITY FOR GOODNESS

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
SanteriSatama

Re: INSANITY FOR GOODNESS

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am Well, once again, Santeri is onto my drift but I'm not deeply invested in this one.
The general topic of the "fake" or "faked" seems as important for metaphysics.
Does it just boil down to who and what is drawn toward an attractor?
Seems so. Your attention is drilling to the question of how many layers of fake there can be in it's reading habits of a fake paywall media. How reliable are the self-supposed critical reading filters, that are supposed to defend against the bias of an attractor acctress in her luring dress? What metaphysical lust of a fish is attention spearing and bringing forth to surface?

When focusing on discerning what of the content is fake and what not, especially when the content is pointing to something fake, the real bait might be the whole frame.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:10 pm What it comes down to is that given the feedback from the 'newsworthy topic' thread regarding the suggestion that topical news stories posted as topics of discussion should have some nuanced metaphysical focus and intention written into them ~ this current topic being yet another example of that not being the case ~ it has only served to reaffirm that this suggestion is not unreasonable, and so from now on this will be applied as a general rule. And if the source material is only available via a paid subscription, and therefore can't otherwise be accessed/assessed, then please post a significant excerpt from the article that makes clear the metaphysical focus and intention that is written into it. When I get a chance, I will update the house rules to reflect this change, Any further issues with this decision can be discussed with me via PM.
I'm neither contentious or commited on this one Shu, just curious. I tried to select a topic without seductive partisanship. Maybe that actually made it seem foolish and irrelevant, for example, in comparison with climate, covid or cancel culture?

BTW, for those challenged by paywalls, there seem to be lots of workarounds.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:25 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am Well, once again, Santeri is onto my drift but I'm not deeply invested in this one.

Seems so. Your attention is drilling to the question of how many layers of fake there can be in it's reading habits of a fake paywall media. How reliable are the self-supposed critical reading filters, that are supposed to defend against the bias of an attractor acctress in her luring dress? What metaphysical lust of a fish is attention spearing and bringing forth to surface?

When focusing on discerning what of the content is fake and what not, especially when the content is pointing to something fake, the real bait might be the whole frame.

So if I'm getting Santeri's current drift, he's calling out a fake paywall media that is calling out fakery? Somehow that leaves me disinclined to pay to troll in a fake lake for a false fish. ;)
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:36 pm
SanteriSatama wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:25 pm

So if I'm getting Santeri's current drift, he's calling out a fake paywall media that is calling out fakery? Somehow that leaves me disinclined to pay to troll in a fake lake for a false fish. ;)
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

A Hunger Inside You: Your Vibrator Can Now Update You On The Status Of Your Food Delivery

At some point in the future, the human race will arrive at an epoch where people will wonder how - back in the stone age of pre-2021 - we would get status alerts about our food deliveries, without having a dildo inside of us.

Allow us to explain. That's because a company called CamSoda labs has just released a new product called "Grubuzz", which - according to the company's website (we swear we are not making this up) - "harnesses the power of Internet-connected sex toys - aka teledildonics - and sends clitoral vibrations to people as their takeout food from a national chain or local favorite is being prepared and ultimately delivered."

As if the serotonin hit from the poison we call takeout food nowadays wasn't enough...

Naturally, you're wondering how it works. "The frequency of vibrations increase through the food delivery process," the site patiently explains. "So, for example, the vibration frequency starts slowly when someone’s order is received by the restaurant and progressively increases when the driver leaves the restaurant with the order, drives closer to their residence, arrives at their door, etc."
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/hunge ... d-delivery
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Thank goodness for the 'real' non-paywall media ... What's that my dad used to say about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Kinda applies to point about the facebookization of this forum.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Hereabouts this is the Sunday when children dress up as witches and go about waving and giving decorated branches of pussy willow, and carry a bag for chocolate eggs. While they wave the branches they say:

Virvon varvon
tuoreeks terveeks
tulevaks vuodeks.
Vitsa sulle,
palkka mulle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virvonta

Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

So Finlandia does Halloween in springtime ?
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:02 pm So Finlandia does Halloween in springtime ?
Here the Autumn feast is called Kekri. The date is not fixed, Kekri is not only a harvest festival, but also for honoring dead and death, as the year turns towards the still of the winter.
Although the Celtic-originated Halloween has gradually begun to penetrate into the Finnish autumn feast traditions from the United States, Kekri has held its ground. In part due to the celebrations of Halloween having become increasingly commercial, many Finns prefer not to have it associated with Kekri or the All Saints' Day (Finnish: Pyhäinpäivä)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekri_(harvest_festival)

In this remnant of the pagan Spring feast, as it has become fused with Eastern (Palm Sunday), no threat of trick OR treat is involved. Before they do their "Branching/Revival" blessing (virpominen), children ask permission. Words tuoreeks terveeks mean 'for fresh and health', and the treats they receive are a mutual exchange of gifts, payment for their blessing.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:19 pmIn this remnant of the pagan Spring feast, as it has become fused with Eastern (Palm Sunday), no threat of trick OR treat is involved. Before they do their "Branching/Revival" blessing (virpominen), children ask permission. Words tuoreeks terveeks mean 'for fresh and health', and the treats they receive are a mutual exchange of gifts, payment for their blessing.

Having been raised in a completely secular family, 'Palm' Sunday might just as well have meant a day for reading palms, for all I knew. Nonetheless we fondly fell for the commercialization of festive religious holy-days, by stuffing our faces with chocolate bunnies and eggs, about as unfresh and unhealthy as it gets, my bodily tolerance for which is very low, and which always left me feeling sick ... Christ, you know it ain't easy.