The Law of One and Kastrup's Idealism

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
palmsprings54

The Law of One and Kastrup's Idealism

Post by palmsprings54 »

I love BK's books. I noticed they mirror near perfectly the philosophy given by aliens (supposedly) in the channelled text, the Law of One:
You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.
https://www.lawofone.info/s/1
AshvinP

Re: The Law of One and Kastrup's Idealism

Post by AshvinP »

palmsprings54 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:41 am I love BK's books. I noticed they mirror near perfectly the philosophy given by aliens (supposedly) in the channelled text, the Law of One:
You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.
https://www.lawofone.info/s/1
Perhaps because they just took ancient, well-known, and easily accessible Eastern spiritual philosophy which emphasized the Unity of consciousness and the Maya of separated forms and dressed it up as 'channeled' wisdom from aliens? That's what it looks like to me.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Ben Iscatus

Post by Ben Iscatus »

I am Ra, the dodgy alter of David Wilcock.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

So that Ra guy (as he said himself on another page) convinced the pharaohs to build pyramids for the purpose of doing some "energy channeling" or whatever, and because of that thousands of slaves had to work and suffer for decades in unthinkable heat, dust and living conditions. That makes me doubt about the guy's spiritual maturity.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
palmsprings54

Post by palmsprings54 »

Eugene I wrote:
So that Ra guy (as he said himself on another page) convinced the pharaohs to build pyramids for the purpose of doing some "energy channeling" or whatever, and because of that thousands of slaves had to work and suffer for decades in unthinkable heat, dust and living conditions. That makes me doubt about the guy's spiritual maturity.
So there are some complicated historical events and some assumptions here. There are many pyramids in Egypt. If the text is credible, not all of them were built by slaves. I don't think Ra said anything about convincing Pharaohs to build pyramids - they built them using thought, according to the text.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Simon Adams

Post by Simon Adams »

Yes it would be a bit strange for them to build the pyramids with thought, and then build villages for construction workers/slaves to live in, leave around remnants of the tools, ramps used for construction, write graffiti with the names of the working teams inside the pyramids etc

It’s a bit like god creating the universe in 6 literal 24hr earth days, and then adding in millions of years worth of sedimentary layers, ancient inland sea beds, shellfish fossils at the tops of mountain etc...
Ideas are certain original forms of things, their archetypes, permanent and incommunicable, which are contained in the Divine intelligence. And though they neither begin to be nor cease, yet upon them are patterned the manifold things of the world that come into being and pass away.
St Augustine
palmsprings54

Post by palmsprings54 »

Yes it would be a bit strange for them to build the pyramids with thought, and then build villages for construction workers/slaves to live in, leave around remnants of the tools, ramps used for construction, write graffiti with the names of the working teams inside the pyramids etc
There are over 100 pyramids in Egypt. Probably the vast majority of them were built using the methods you are describing.
Simon Adams

Post by Simon Adams »

palmsprings54 wrote:Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:32 am
There are over 100 pyramids in Egypt. Probably the vast majority of them were built using the methods you are describing.
There are plenty of mysteries about ancient Egypt still, especially the early periods which go into prehistory. A civilisation from so long ago that lasted thousands of years means there are many things we just don’t know yet. Even with the construction of pyramids, the skills developed fairly quickly over a few generations, and then generally declined. But we also do have huge amounts of information, from letters written by normal people to treaties and religious texts, as well as archeological evidence. You will find thousands of theories from people that just don’t take any of this into account, and most if it is complete BS. There is some which is more plausible but not generally accepted by egyptologists because there is no evidence for it, including the age of the sphinx, the layout of the Giza pyramids, who the Hyksos were etc.

So yes there are likely to be new and profound discoveries about ancient Egypt over time, and there is lots we will never know. But you should be very suspicious of 99% of the stuff written by people who aren’t basing it on what we do know.
Ideas are certain original forms of things, their archetypes, permanent and incommunicable, which are contained in the Divine intelligence. And though they neither begin to be nor cease, yet upon them are patterned the manifold things of the world that come into being and pass away.
St Augustine