Bernardo's active brain comments

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Bernardo's active brain comments

Post by Lou Gold »

Apanthropinist wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:37 pm One of Bernardo's own criticisms of his theory (as he seems an honest fella) is the dissociative alter is the weakest part of his theory and relies on evidence gained from Dissociative Identity Disorder. It seems to me that there is something useful in looking at the neuroscience of psychedelics and how tryptamines dissolve dissociative cortical networks and increase association.
To be honest, the neuroscience is very much beyond my paygrade so I can't comment at that level. However, thinking again about the weakness of the dissociated alter model led me to speculate about an alternative model of DID, which I've posted here.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Apanthropinist

Re: Bernardo's active brain comments

Post by Apanthropinist »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:24 am
Apanthropinist wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:37 pm One of Bernardo's own criticisms of his theory (as he seems an honest fella) is the dissociative alter is the weakest part of his theory and relies on evidence gained from Dissociative Identity Disorder. It seems to me that there is something useful in looking at the neuroscience of psychedelics and how tryptamines dissolve dissociative cortical networks and increase association.
To be honest, the neuroscience is very much beyond my paygrade so I can't comment at that level. However, thinking again about the weakness of the dissociated alter model led me to speculate about an alternative model of DID, which I've posted here.
Lou, it's a course for laymen like you and I. A high school student could follow it. But it does take some time to watch as there are 8 modules. Once you grasp the implications, it's a dead cert for analytical idealism and what Bernado is looking for in terms of 'dissociated alter' because it observes what happens in the opposite direction, that of increasing association across cortical columns and networks. The 'boundary' of dissociation dissolves.....

I'll go read your other post.
'Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel''
Socrates