Consciousness can change physical reality.

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Ed Konderla

Re: Consciousness can change physical reality.

Post by Ed Konderla »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 pm
Ed Konderla wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:00 pmI feel like the old gelding sitting in the barn.

Likewise, corporeally speaking, at times I feel like that lame gelding. Other times I feel like this 'I', that ipseity which one is in essence, is somehow non-locally displaced, dispersed in space, while observing that diaphanous form ~ like Kundera's unbearable lightness of being ~ going through the motions of doing whatever it feels compelled to do, as if at any moment I could easily bid it a fond 'adieu' (from the French, 'I commend you to God'). I suppose the trick is in finding some elusive happy medium wherein to abide while the intriguing mystery of what awaits, and one's integral role within it, inspires me to go deeper and deeper still, in overcoming the despair ... along with a walk in the springtime woods where some new irresistible buds are now reborn.
My response was very myopic. There is certainly the spiritual side and many times I feel like we are here to learn a lesson, maybe any lesson. In living there is always lessons. In the Toltec tradition I follow, "A path is only a path. It may lead into the woods or out of the woods. There is no destination. You must walk the past looking breathlessly, breathlessly and only walk a path with heart." Point being the perception of a correct outcome is my self indulgence. The universe doesn't see it that way.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Ed Konderla wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 pm
Ed Konderla wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:00 pmI feel like the old gelding sitting in the barn.

Likewise, corporeally speaking, at times I feel like that lame gelding. Other times I feel like this 'I', that ipseity which one is in essence, is somehow non-locally displaced, dispersed in space, while observing that diaphanous form ~ like Kundera's unbearable lightness of being ~ going through the motions of doing whatever it feels compelled to do, as if at any moment I could easily bid it a fond 'adieu' (from the French, 'I commend you to God'). I suppose the trick is in finding some elusive happy medium wherein to abide while the intriguing mystery of what awaits, and one's integral role within it, inspires me to go deeper and deeper still, in overcoming the despair ... along with a walk in the springtime woods where some new irresistible buds are now reborn.
My response was very myopic. There is certainly the spiritual side and many times I feel like we are here to learn a lesson, maybe any lesson. In living there is always lessons. In the Toltec tradition I follow, "A path is only a path. It may lead into the woods or out of the woods. There is no destination. You must walk the past looking breathlessly, breathlessly and only walk a path with heart." Point being the perception of a correct outcome is my self indulgence. The universe doesn't see it that way.
Point being the perception of a correct outcome is my self indulgence. The universe doesn't see it that way.

I agree.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:31 pm Re: The secret of synchronization

Yes, who knows ? ... There are times when I think there is no friggin' way enough individuals are ever going to synchronously awaken from the maya spell on a large enough scale to create the tipping point into a collective phase transition, and then other times when I intuit that there are greater forces in play beyond our purview that will leave us shocked and amazed at what is possible via morphic resonance ~ albeit not without some significamt chaos and suffering yet to go through. After all, oh ye of little faith, would Oracle girl steer us wrong? :D
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:24 pm
SanteriSatama wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:31 pm Re: The secret of synchronization

Yes, who knows ? ... There are times when I think there is no friggin' way enough individuals are ever going to synchronously awaken from the maya spell on a large enough scale to create the tipping point into a collective phase transition, and then other times when I intuit that there are greater forces in play beyond our purview that will leave us shocked and amazed at what is possible via morphic resonance ~ albeit not without some significamt chaos and suffering yet to go through. After all, oh ye of little faith, would Oracle girl steer us wrong? :D
Actually, I think we are mostly on the same page. About Harari I can hardly believe that as a deeply practicing Buddhist that he is a philosophical materialist. OTOH, as an historian, he will naturally focus on events and the ways material conditions are dealt with via fictions. My position is simply that the metaphysical possibility already exist and that the auspicious synchronicity awaits an alignment with events being driven materialistically (like lots of human population and its techno-and-consumption ways of interfacing with nature).
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love