How does one register for Bernardo's blog?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Michael Larkin

How does one register for Bernardo's blog?

Post by Michael Larkin »

Can someone please tell me how to register for Bernardo's blog? I appear to be registered for this forum, you see, but not for his blog, and can't seem to find out where to do it. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious...
Soul_of_Shu

Re: How does one register for Bernardo's blog?

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Michael Larkin wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 am Can someone please tell me how to register for Bernardo's blog? I appear to be registered for this forum, you see, but not for his blog, and can't seem to find out where to do it. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious...

Michael ... If you mean how do you sing in to his blog to be able to make comments, if you scroll down to the bottom of the comments section of any blog post, there is a sign-in function. As I recall, I just used my google account.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Ed Konderla

Post by Ed Konderla »

I have the same problem. I assumed it was just me. It appears at the moment only members of the "team" can post which is not the same as a member.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Ok, just noticed this recent comment posted by BK in the comments section for all of his blog articles ...

Bernardo KastrupSunday, March 28, 2021 11:17:00 PM
All: in order to avoid spam and abuse, which, unfortunately, can still happen when people hide behind practically anonymous google accounts, and reduce my work load approving comments, I am from now on requiring that you register with this blog before commenting. It's free, fast and easy.

... however, I'm also now unable to comment there, and I'm not seeing this 'free, fast and easy' method to do so. I'll send him an email, to hopefully get more details.
Michael Larkin

Post by Michael Larkin »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:57 am Michael ... If you mean how do you sing in to his blog to be able to make comments, if you scroll down to the bottom of the comments section of any blog post, there is a sign-in function. As I recall, I just used my google account.
Thanks -- I've just checked this. However, I don't s see a sign-in function. All I see is a "sign out" one in the comment box, implying I am already signed in -- but if so, why can't I comment? Very puzzling!
Last edited by Michael Larkin on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Larkin

Post by Michael Larkin »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:04 pm Ok, just noticed this recent comment posted by BK in the comments section for all of his blog articles ...

Bernardo KastrupSunday, March 28, 2021 11:17:00 PM
All: in order to avoid spam and abuse, which, unfortunately, can still happen when people hide behind practically anonymous google accounts, and reduce my work load approving comments, I am from now on requiring that you register with this blog before commenting. It's free, fast and easy.

... however, I'm also now unable to comment there, and I'm not seeing this 'free, fast and easy' method to do so. I'll send him an email, to hopefully get more details.
Yup -- same for me.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

It appears that I'm still signed in with my google account as usual, so I tried signing out, to see if there is any way to somehow re-register, but clicking on the 'sign-out' option does not sign me out. So it remains a mystery, unless BK replies to my email with further instructions, in which case I'll pass any info along.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Michael Larkin wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 am Can someone please tell me how to register for Bernardo's blog? I appear to be registered for this forum, you see, but not for his blog, and can't seem to find out where to do it. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious...

I just had an email exchange with Bernardo, and he made some changes to his site. If you now look beneath the 'About the Author' bio, there is a 'Join this Blog' option. I was able to post a test comment which went through. Let me know if this works.
Michael Larkin

Post by Michael Larkin »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:17 pm

I just had an email exchange with Bernardo, and he made some changes to his site. If you now look beneath the 'About the Author' bio, there is a 'Join this Blog' option. I was able to post a test comment which went through. Let me know if this works.
Well, I see the "JOIN THIS BLOG" text, but it isn't a hyperlink and so when I click it, nothing happens. There's a hyperlink for the "follow" option, but that only offers me the option to follow the blog publicly using my real name, rather than my usual soubriquet, which I wouldn't want to do. In any case, it doesn't say anything about joining the blog, so I'm no wiser, really. Maybe you see something different?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Michael Larkin wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:01 pmWell, I see the "JOIN THIS BLOG" text, but it isn't a hyperlink and so when I click it, nothing happens. There's a hyperlink for the "follow" option, but that only offers me the option to follow the blog publicly using my real name, rather than my usual soubriquet, which I wouldn't want to do. In any case, it doesn't say anything about joining the blog, so I'm no wiser, really. Maybe you see something different?

Well, I am following the blog using my real name, signed in using my google account, but that was always the case. As far as I can tell, joining the blog just means that you're following it. Did you try posting a comment since BK made whatever change he supposedly made? If it's still not working, all I can do his let him know.