The Supersensual Life by Jakob Böhme

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
SanteriSatama

Re: The Supersensual Life by Jakob Böhme

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:57 pm "The next Buddha will not take the form of an individual. The next Buddha may take the form of a community; a community practicing understanding and loving kindness, a community practicing mindful living. This may be the most important thing we can do for the survival of the Earth."
~ Thích Nhất Hạnh
I can verify from my part that the Sangha of family life and communal life is the most spiritually challenging. :)
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:47 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:45 pm all tribal names mean The People, it may be time to start hearing it that way.
Mensch, who da goyim for you? ;)

Or, for We the People, also rock and stone people can be people? :)
Stone puppy here >>>

Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

He's cute. :)
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:38 am He's cute. :)
You might recognize these beings who live closer to you in a forest in Taebla, Western Estonia:

Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:32 pm Whatever one may make of the revelations of the Christian mystic Jakob Böhme, this is a quite eloquent reading from The Supersensual Life, read by a Buddhist nun no less ...
Boehme is a fascinating figure in history. Both Steiner and Jung wrote/spoke about him as someone who allowed the full depths of his soul into his experiences and writings.

https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA062 ... index.html
Steiner wrote:But Jacob Boehme becomes still more interesting if we transport ourselves into his spirit-nature — which stands upright in simplicity and solitude, and takes flight with his soul into the highest region of clairvoyance, — and if we find how this spirit-nature could spread peace over Jacob Boehme's soul, which can subsequently be felt by all who approach him with understanding or, at least, seeking for understanding. For this reason, intellectual characterizations will not come close to the reality of Jacob Boehme, but only such characterizations as endeavour to feel what a human being like Jacob Boehme felt, what streamed forth from him — as, for instance, in the three lines which I have cited.

And only then can the words with which I essayed to characterize Jacob Boehme gain their significance if those present feel that they were not said in order to culminate in a theory or theoretical characterization of Jacob Boehme, but to culminate in this: that, when we are directly confronted by the personality of Jacob Boehme, something streams out from it — and streams out so much the more warmly and intensively the more we learn to know it — which can sum up what has been said in words designating his peace, his serenity:

To whom time is like eternity
And eternity like time,
He is freed from all strife.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"