Another Architect of a 21st Century Idealism

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Another Architect of a 21st Century Idealism

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Good 12 page essay on Paul Brunton's take on idealism, available as a PDF here
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Eugene I

Re: Another Architect of a 21st Century Idealism

Post by Eugene I »

One thing to add. Many people involved in spiritual practices become "addicts of spiritual experiences". Whether it is experiences of "cosmic consciousness", bliss, or light beings or any astral structures. This is akin to drug addiction and is fueled by a psychological escapism. This is not to say that we should not explore the realms of the astral and higher levels of cognition. It is just to say that there may be a side-effect of such exploration in becoming addicted to these blissful experiences (and there is a lot of warnings against it in the Buddhist practices).
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Another Architect of a 21st Century Idealism

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Eugene I wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:04 pm One thing to add. Many people involved in spiritual practices become "addicts of spiritual experiences". Whether it is experiences of "cosmic consciousness", bliss, or light beings or any astral structures. This is akin to drug addiction and is fueled by a psychological escapism. This is not to say that we should not explore the realms of the astral and higher levels of cognition. It is just to say that there may be a side-effect of such exploration in becoming addicted to these blissful experiences (and there is a lot of warnings against it in the Buddhist practices).

Get over the overself? :lol:

No exclusive abidance as this Light, as is the ontological imperative, one is impelled back into the cosmos of idea construction ...

The cosmos is idea construction
Brahman alone is real
Brahman is the cosmos
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.