What to make of this relationship of you and I?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

What to make of this relationship of you and I?

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

With the indelible felt realization that the Awareness under the spell of being the dream of 'you' is none other than the Awareness under the spell of being the dream of 'me', whereby the notion that 1 plus 1 makes 2 is now revealed to be entirely provisional and spell-dependent, then what remains with the dispelling of that spell? And then what is to be made of this relationship that is the dream of you and I? It now seems that one can only be compelled to endeavour to make it less suffering prone, since to in any way make it more suffering prone just feels absurdly masochistic. No doubt, someOne can argue vehemently with this, but that too somehow feels suffering prone ... unless it's secretly enjoyable. :lol:
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Starbuck

Re: What to make of this relationship of you and I?

Post by Starbuck »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:22 am With the indelible felt realization that the Awareness under the spell of being the dream of 'you' is none other than the Awareness under the spell of being the dream of 'me', whereby the notion that 1 plus 1 makes 2 is now revealed to be entirely provisional and spell-dependent, then what remains with the dispelling of that spell? And then what is to be made of this relationship that is the dream of you and I? It now seems that one can only be compelled to endeavour to make it less suffering prone, since to in any way make it more suffering prone just feels absurdly masochistic. No doubt, someOne can argue vehemently with this, but that too somehow feels suffering prone ... unless it's secretly enjoyable. :lol:
Pleasure is to happiness as the delusional alter is to mind at large.
Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Just a flow of life perceived through many eyes of one Awareness, with the eyes sharing and enriching their life experiences with each other.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

what remains with the dispelling of that spell?

Liberation from philosophy.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:12 pm what remains with the dispelling of that spell?

How philosophical ! :mrgreen:
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:12 pm what remains with the dispelling of that spell?

How philosophical ! :mrgreen:
Apparently! :roll:
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Eugene I wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:03 pm Just a flow of life perceived through many eyes of one Awareness, with the eyes sharing and enriching their life experiences with each other.
I had a dream last night evoking this imagery, and upon awakening, while reflecting upon it, it occurred to me that gradually over many years my dreamtime life has become far less suffering prone, with the cessation of horrific/violent nightmares, and is now far more heuristic and sanative. I wonder too if this might be a metaphorical analog for M@L's relational dream of being 'you' and 'I', and all sentient beings, somehow yearning and learning, oh-so-incrementally over aeons, to render this shared experience less suffering prone, in its metamorphic transfiguration ... Dare anyOne dream it could be so?

Eugene I

Post by Eugene I »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 am I had a dream last night evoking this imagery, and upon awakening, while reflecting upon it, it occurred to me that gradually over many years my dreamtime life has become far less suffering prone, with the cessation of horrific/violent nightmares, and is now far more heuristic and sanative. I wonder too if this might be a metaphorical analog for M@L's relational dream of being 'you' and 'I', and all sentient beings, somehow yearning and learning, oh-so-incrementally over aeons, to render this shared experience less suffering prone, in its metamorphic transfiguration ... Dare anyOne dream it could be so?
Right, separate self construct is a tension and source of neuroses, internal conflicts and tensions in the unconscious from where our dreams emerge. Once transcended and not fueled anymore from conscious, it looses its momentum and all those tensions and neuroses gradually dissolve making dreams peaceful and tension-free. But it is a slow process and takes a long time.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Eugene I wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:21 pmRight, separate self construct is a tension and source of neuroses, internal conflicts and tensions in the unconscious from where our dreams emerge. Once transcended and not fueled anymore from conscious, it looses its momentum and all those tensions and neuroses gradually dissolve making dreams peaceful and tension-free. But it is a slow process and takes a long time.
Good to know that you can affirm this from your experience and dreamwork, and that in this regard everyOne may be evolving ~ however slowly it may be, however long it may take, forever and ever, Amen :D