A Brain Divided | Iain McGilchrist - Jordan B Peterson

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

A Brain Divided | Iain McGilchrist - Jordan B Peterson

Post by AshvinP »

This discussion between Peterson and McGilchrist was great - a lot of solid metaphysical ground was covered and a bit of spiritual as well towards the end. Iain clearly takes the metamorphic view of spirituality seriously and, although he does explicitly say so, I would imagine his view is somewhat aligned with Christian esoteric tradition. JP is clearly searching for spiritual answers which go beyond traditional religious dogma.

"Iain McGilchrist is a psychiatrist, author, thinker, and lecturer. He is maybe best known for his book The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World

Dr. Iain McGilchrist and I discussed a variety of topics relating to the bifurcated brain, how we process reality as human beings, and the downfalls of the views that have shaped western culture according to McGilchrist."
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Simon Adams

Re: A Brain Divided | Iain McGilchrist - Jordan B Peterson

Post by Simon Adams »

Good discussion…
Ideas are certain original forms of things, their archetypes, permanent and incommunicable, which are contained in the Divine intelligence. And though they neither begin to be nor cease, yet upon them are patterned the manifold things of the world that come into being and pass away.
St Augustine