woman's brain almost completely deactivates during orgasm = connection to M@l during dissociation process (= sex)?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
MaartenV

woman's brain almost completely deactivates during orgasm = connection to M@l during dissociation process (= sex)?

Post by MaartenV »

Maybe the dissociation process happens during man and women having sex. There was a study in the Netherlands that said that the women brain shuts down during orgasm: https://www.smh.com.au/national/most-of ... dlld0.html
Maybe that's the dissociation process of mind at large. We temporary connect to M@L when the brain shuts down during sex and the dissociation process happens and a new alter is created.

"During orgasm, there was strong, enormous deactivation in the brain." (Hostege, researcher)

"Mr Holstege said he believed men's brains were also largely deactivated, but the results were inconclusive."

"Mr Holstege found that the only part of the brain active during orgasm was the cerebellum, which is linked to the control of movement, although some experts believe it has a role in the emotion."
AshvinP

Re: woman's brain almost completely deactivates during orgasm = connection to M@l during dissociation process (= sex)?

Post by AshvinP »

MaartenV wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:31 pm Maybe the dissociation process happens during man and women having sex. There was a study in the Netherlands that said that the women brain shuts down during orgasm: https://www.smh.com.au/national/most-of ... dlld0.html
Maybe that's the dissociation process of mind at large. We temporary connect to M@L when the brain shuts down during sex and the dissociation process happens and a new alter is created.

"During orgasm, there was strong, enormous deactivation in the brain." (Hostege, researcher)

"Mr Holstege said he believed men's brains were also largely deactivated, but the results were inconclusive."

"Mr Holstege found that the only part of the brain active during orgasm was the cerebellum, which is linked to the control of movement, although some experts believe it has a role in the emotion."
We should not take these things as 1:1 relationships, as if transplanting idealism into materialism and keeping all other details of physical processes the same while simply imagining "idea-alters" or what have you. That is a danger of BK's 'dissociative alter' analogy and imagery which I do not believe he pays enough attention to. But maybe he is relying on us here to tend to such things while he is very busy. Regardless, we are better off taking the essential meaning of these 'physical' processes, as Jung did with his archetypes. That at least provides a more firm intellectual foundation upon which we can build. For ex., I am exploring Memory in the TMT (Heidegger) essays, and the Goddess of Memory is the mother of all muses. She is the truly creative aspect of the Source (Deep MAL).
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
MaartenV

Re: woman's brain almost completely deactivates during orgasm = connection to M@l during dissociation process (= sex)?

Post by MaartenV »

But the moment of dissociation has to happen somewhere, isn't it? Is it the moment of conception?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

MaartenV wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:28 pm But the moment of dissociation has to happen somewhere, isn't it? Is it the moment of conception?
Yes it must occur "somewhere", but if we are only thinking in rigid Earthly spatio-temporal framework we are already off track. I have no idea the precise spiritual "location" of these things, only vague speculations.

We should remember we are talking about relations between idea-beings here... everything that occurs in the 'physical plane' we observe in normal cognition is a result of those specific relations. In that sense, even the concept of "dissociation" is very misleading, because we probably imagine a big MAL bubble and then smaller bubbles (or whirlpools, etc.) popping out within it and floating around within MAL until they eventually are absorbed back into MAL bubble. That is entirely unhelpful and often misleading imagery. It presupposes hard boundaries between personal bubbles and MAL which simply do not exist and obscures all kinds of important relations we can discover "between" our localized consciousness and its Source. Without any such specified resolution, we are then forced back into the mere pictures of 'things' in the physical plane (like sperm swimming into egg) for all our concepts of what is actually taking place. And that is simply a meaningless endeavor.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

I love this idea, even if it is just poetic!
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Starbuck wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:09 pm I love this idea, even if it is just poetic!
Yeah, I will say fact of brain deactivation during male orgasm is not hard for me to believe in the least :lol:
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

AshvinP wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:21 pm
Starbuck wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:09 pm I love this idea, even if it is just poetic!
Yeah, I will say fact of brain deactivation during male orgasm is not hard for me to believe in the least :lol:
When I saw 'women's deactivated brains', I was expecting some mother in law jokes here :)
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

MaartenV wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:28 pm But the moment of dissociation has to happen somewhere, isn't it? Is it the moment of conception?
One way to approach the question is the suggestion that dissociation is the transformation/decoherence from non-local to local.

Problem then comes a choice of the metric which defines what we mean be "local".
MaartenV

Post by MaartenV »

This study proves that consciousness exists during orgasm, even if almost all parts of the brain or deactivated are shut down and only a motor part is active (the cerebellum). (Phenomenal) Consciousness as an emergent property of the brain is off the table, by this study. Consciousness has nothing to do with brain activity then.
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

MaartenV wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:22 pm This study proves that consciousness exists during orgasm, even if almost all parts of the brain or deactivated are shut down and only a motor part is active (the cerebellum). (Phenomenal) Consciousness as an emergent property of the brain is off the table, by this study. Consciousness has nothing to do with brain activity then.
If the cerebellum is active, then how is that consciousness has nothing to do with brain activity?

I think you are completely misunderstanding the comments of some of these researchers. The entire brain is constantly active as long as a person is alive. It is a matter of degree about which regions are more or less active. Even during deep sleep there are slow delta waves caused by rhythmic firings present all over the brain.