Is the Atom Designed ?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Robert Arvay

Is the Atom Designed ?

Post by Robert Arvay »

I have not read the book, but the description and comments make an interesting conversation-starter for people interested in physics.

“Does the Atom have a Designer?’ by Dr. L. Goenka, Ph.D. is a groundbreaking, first-of-its-kind analysis that critically examines if the order and complexity of the Atom arises simply from random events following the Big Bang. The Atom, with its complex structure, its quantized properties, and its many dynamic interactions, realizes the structural, electromagnetic, nuclear, chemical and biological functionalities of the Universe.
Recent Amazon customer reviews (from the US and UK):
“Read It With Humility, Your Eyes Will Be Opened.
The author makes an excellent argument for the existence of Intelligence underlying the Atom.”
“The Book You Have Been Waiting For. One can now stop their continual search to reconcile science and spirit. The atom is irreducibly complex, was not evolved over time and has built into it, a mechanism (the Pion) that comes from out of nowhere to enable life as we know it.”
“…This book certainly reinforced my opinion; that the complex machine like component interactions of the Atom, are not purely the result of chance. Rather like chucking a skip of random materials into a hole, void of time, evolution, mutation and finding a functioning Astin Martin at the bottom as result.”
Martin_

Re: Is the Atom Designed ?

Post by Martin_ »

Cue Anthropic principle, and how it applies to Idealism. :)
"I don't understand." /Unknown
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

It has a design but no designer.
tjssailor

Post by tjssailor »

Hold on there bucko! The atom was designed by ....... me/you. ....M@L. You/me have probably heard of you/me. Of course it was one of your/mine earlier projects. A couple of trillion layers of reality ago. You/me are on to bigger things now, like the universe.

Oh yeah just as a reminder:

Definition of design

(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb
1 : to create, fashion, execute, or construct according to plan : devise, contrive design a system for tracking inventory
2a : to conceive and plan out in the mind he designed the perfect crime
b : to have as a purpose : intend she designed to excel in her studies
c : to devise for a specific function or end a book designed primarily as a college textbook a suitcase designed to hold a laptop computer

Chow
Marco Masi

Post by Marco Masi »

Without the existence of neutrons, no atoms. Without the Pauli principle, no atoms. Without a light electron, only much smaller atoms which would burn away by nuclear fusion at room temperature.
I don't know if it indicates design but that doesn't look like something that happened by a fortuitous coincidence and asks for clarification.